vsco girls

modern au.

whizzer and marvin decided to adopt. theyd been married for a little over a year and decided it was now or never.

her name was isabella and she was 8 years old. she came up to marvin's waist height wise and had long, light brown hair. she was quiet and shy, enjoyed reading, and loved princess belle. whizzer and marvin introduced her to the movie. they called her princess bella so they saw it appropriate to show her belle first.

whizzer became a stay-at-home dad while marvin kept working steadily. he'd already been promoted twice being the hard worker he always was, but now he had a husband and two children to think of.

bella and jason got along well. jason always treated her like a princess as well. one thing was for sure, she had amazing men in her life.

trina and mendel also enjoyed having a little girl around, especially trina who now had a little girl to dress up. whizzer didn't always agree with the clothing that was given to them, but it made trina happy so he let it slide.

today's just a regular thursday in june. the family's day starts early. all rise around 7am. marvin washes up first and gets ready and eats while whizzer and bella do their oddly time-consuming morning skincare routine.

whizzer goes down to the kitchen where marvin is while bella goes to get dressed. whizzer has outfits already made for her to just grab and put on out of her closet, but sometimes she likes to get creative.

whizzer sits down at the kitchen table after making some toast and eggs for him and his daughter while marvin puts his dishes in the sink and drinks his coffee.

"im ready," bella shouts from upstairs. she hurried down the stairs and pops out from behind the wall with her arms open. whizzer's eyes bug out of his head and marvin almost spits out his coffee.

she's dressed in a brown fleece sweater two sizes too large and orange and purple striped pants that probably came from the sweet old lady next door.

"wow, bella honey, you look great but- but isn't it too hot for that outfit today?" whizzer tried to coax her to change while marvin choked on his laughter.

"oh, okay. ill go change," bella chirped with a sharp turn and skipped back up the stairs.

"she definitely got that from you," whizzer points teasingly at marvin,"im not sure how but she picked it up at some point."

"haha very funny. i have to go," marvin kissed whizzer's cheek. "i love you bella," marvin shouted up the stairs.

"bye dad," he heard faintly in reply.

after a couple minutes, bella reappeared with a white t-shirt on and a pale, yellow skirt. much better.

"come, hurry and eat before your eggs get cold," whizzer poured her a glass of orange juice.

the two finished eating and hung out for maybe an hour or so. whizzer dressed in a lilac shirt and white capri-pants.

he approached his daughter who was reading a book about birds. "hey, bella! wanna go out?"

"where," she inquired, not looking up from her book.

"to the mall. i have a few stores i want to stop buy.. and there's a barnes and noble there," whizzer knew she was running low on books to read. her face lit up,"starbucks too? and we can get books?!"