Chapter 1- The Dirty, Strange, and Gloomy Place you call Home

~As all great Invader Zim fanfics start, we begin our tale with the beautiful, majestic sound of an alarm clock~

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BE-

"Shut up! I WILL END YOU!" You murmured angrily as you awakened from your once peaceful slumber. You reached one limp arm over to your nightstand and mashed your fist down on the top of your electric alarm clock, making its retched sound stop instantly. However, the damage was already done, and you were now awake. You knew the sound indicated that you had to get yourself ready for the day.

Today was your first day at your new school. You and your family had moved to the odd city just a few days ago, mainly because your parents had better work opportunities here. While you were slightly upset by having to leave your childhood home, you were overwhelmed with excitement to start a brand new life!...

JUST KIDDING! You hated having to move, and you were convinced that only bad was going to come out of it! You could tell on the drive there that the city was an absolute dump. Nonetheless, you knew that you had no choice in the matter and just carried on with life the best you could.

You tore off your F/C blanket, groggily slid out of bed, and went to get yourself ready. You brushed your teeth, brushed your hair, got dressed, and rushed a bite of toast after wasting way too much time staring off into space, worrying about all the horrible things that could possibly go wrong today.

After nearly choking on the bite of crispy bread, you shoved your feet into your F/C shoes, grabbed your bag and headed out the door.

The air was cool and crisp, an uncomfortable contrast from your warm house. Standing on your doorstep, you took a moment to take in your surroundings. The sky was blanketed in dark grey clouds. Across the street, a man in dirty pajamas walked a small drooling pug. On your neighbor's lawn, an animal was digging through their trash, although you couldn't tell what animal it was. You just shrugged it off, gripped the straps of your bag, and started your venture to school.

Whenever you walked you tended to look down, this caused you to notice how cracked and dirty the sidewalk was. Your brain entertained itself by starting to count the number of old cigarettes you could spot on the ground.

One, two, three, fou-

your attention was soon swayed once you caught green and purple hues of light in the corner of your eye. You looked up, and you were faced with the most insane looking house you've ever seen. It was squished in between two other houses and had giant pipes leading out of it. Not to mention a giant satellite on the roof. You also took note of the scary-looking gnomes and a flag that read 'I ♥️ earth' placed on the front lawn.

"What the hell?" You said under your breath "I would love to meet the person who lives there"

You pressed on and eventually got to the front of the... Skool? You were taken back by the irony of the sign on the building. It greatly concerned you that this was where you'd be going every day to be taught life lessons.

You stepped up the entrance stairs alongside other students heading inside. You saw some students hop off a school bus once it came to a screeching halt. You also noted a lot of students walked there like you.

You pushed open the heavy door and continued down the long tattered hallway.
"Jeez does this school know what janitors are?" you quietly asked yourself.

"Tell me about it."

Not expecting a response, you jumped and quickly turned in the direction of the voice.

A girl, seemingly a year or two younger than you stood in a shadowy part of the hallway. Her squinted eyes glued to the screen of what looked to be a Game Slave device.

"You new right?" the girl asked.

"Uh, yeah. How did you know that?"

"Oh please, that deer in the headlights look is a dead giveaway"

You were surprised that she even noticed you due to how intensely she was playing her game. The whole time she'd been talking to you, she hadn't looked up once.

"Well, you found me out" you shrugged, not knowing what else to say.

You started to leave, only be reminded that you had no idea where you were going.

"Oh! By the way, do you know where Ms. Uh, Bitters classroom is?"

One of the girl's eyes opened wide and looked up at you. You must have said something to get her attention.

"My idiot brother is in that class. It's over there" she pointed over to a door further down the hallway.

"Oh, thanks. By the way, what's your name?"

"If you must know, it's Gaz. My annoying brother is Dib. Good luck spending a whole year with him screaming about garbage" The girl who you now knew as Gaz, replied.

"Well, I'm Y/N. Thanks again I guess"

you started to walk away when you heard her voice again.

"Oh and be careful. He might think your an aLiEn" Gaz added, saying alien in a funny, sarcastic voice.

That's... odd, You thought, continuing towards the room.

__________________________

Ok, guys how was the first chapter? Good, not good? I would love to hear some good feedback.
Also, don't worry the next chapter comes out soon. Hopefully later tonight or tomorrow.