he wished there had been such an occasion for him, for all the others he watched slowly crumble to their demise, and for marvin.

whizzer laid there all night. around 6:40am, marvin awoke. he sat up and whizzer greeted him. "good morning cutie! how are we feeling?"

marvin jumped a little and coughed, "i-i forgot you were here now," he mumbled.

"it's okay, i forgot i was here for a moment too," whizzer stood up and tried to pour marvin a cup of water, yet he couldn't seem to pick up the pitcher.

"well, this is embarrassing, huh.." he shyly laughed at himself.

"it's okay, i can get it," marvin pushed his covers to the bottom of the bed and swung his legs carefully over the side of the bed.

"are- are you sure?" whizzer looked at him with wide eyes. whizzer felt guilty that he couldn't be anything more than emotional support. he wanted to be there for marvin like marvin was for him. he wanted nothing more than that, yet he couldn't. he felt worthless. he almost wished he'd go back to being invisible in this moment.

marvin saw how upset he was in his eyes and his subtle fidgeting. it really was whizzer, wasn't it? he was now noticing things. he didn't see in the whizzer in his dreams. the small details like how he played with the bottom of his shirt and how much he used his eyebrows to express his emotions as he spoke.

"of course it's okay," marvin stood and waddled over to the table. it was small, rectangular, and on wheels. whizzer tried to push the table to him, but again, he failed.

"i wish i could be a bit more useful," whizzer laughed awkwardly.

"can i say something," marvin changed the subject.

"go for it. im all ears," whizzer smiled.

"i want to go home. i want to leave the hospital and just.. be at home," he finished talking and chugged the paper cup filled with water.

"you have help here marvin. you have everything here that you need marvin. why would you want to go home?"

"im comfortable at home. there's jason.. sometimes, there's my bed, there's.. there's my couch and my table and my- my kitchen and my- my life! whizzer, that's my life.. you're- you're there. you're my life... i can't just- just leave that all behind, you know..?" mavin was out of breath. he was shaken and scared out of his mind.

"sit down, calm, okay? let's take a deep breath," whizzer touched marvin and suddenly he was calmed. he touched the bed, felt solid matter, and was also calmed.

"you have jason here. im sure he'll be here everyday with a chessboard and you're favorite foods and drinks. if it'll help, ask dels to bring some of your stuff here like blankets and pillows. and me- well im here aren't i," whizzer took marvin into his arms. they enjoyed each others warmth for a good minute before separating.

"i guess you're right. god, how'd you keep such a cool face during all this. i just want to scream," marvin gave a slight chuckle and stared into whizzer's eyes.

"i didn't. i just couldn't be weak in front of you. i couldn't- i couldn't put that weight on your shoulders," whizzer put his hands on marvin's shoulders and rubbed them gently. marvin wanted him to kiss him so badly. he wanted them to go home and sit on their couch and watch tv with some wine.

they were both scared. whizzer felt out of place being seen and he was scared it wouldn't go back to being the same as when he was, well, living.

marvin was scared of whizzer, a ghost? a spirit? and of course, death. he was losing his mind slowly and painfully. besides the weak and unsettling feeling in his stomach already, he felt his insides turn with each thought.