The Assassin's Assistant - Chapter three

Chapter Three

We all headed towards the door to leave, "Aubreena, may I have a word with you?" Agent Silvia asked.

Walking back over to her I called back to Sofie and Derrick, "I'll catch up to you guys in second..." they nodded and continued out the door and I turned towards agent Silvia.

"I just wanted to make sure you are comfortable with being the captain of your team..." Silvia said. "They were going to call a more experienced CSS agent to be in charge, but your teachers assured them that you were the one that they should put in charge. As I look over your record I can see why. Your record and marks are the higher than any other agent, and you have a lot of respect in your class. Your family also has a lot of respect in the CSS being that both of your parents have worked here for over twenty years each with very good reports."

I looked down at my feet, the CSS wasn't usually to big on compliments and when given were always very sincere. "Thank you" I thanked her gratefully.

Agent Silvia continued, "As your new role as the commander of your team you will be required to learn about each of the skills that your team members specialize in, meaning that you will attend a couple minutes of each of your teams specific class so that you know how they are progressing and what their jobs will be in a mission."

"You will be required to give assignments to team members, give instructions, and provide encouragement. Within the next couple weeks we will determine when your team will go on their first mission. Until then make sure your team is working together and that they are all getting along."

With that she ended our conversation and dismissed me.

As I made my way to our dorms I looked at my clock, only thirty minutes until our first class. I quickly ran to my room, we each were given a room to ourselves and then the five girls shared one bathroom while the five guys in our class shared another bathroom.

I picked up the schedule laid on my bed and quickly read over it, first was new device training, fallowed by martial arts training, lunch, each person's specific training, dinner, and then we would end the day with teamwork training. Under the specific training for my team members I had twenty-five minutes assigned to each person and with five minutes to get to the next person's class. It would be a busy day but filled with lots of excitement as we learned about the new things that had to do with our team now being part of the CSS.

A note was written in the corner of the schedule telling me to let my other team members to dress in their new uniforms. I quickly walked to the closet and peeked in, all of my clothes from the house were there, but also at the end of the closet were some black uniforms.

Taking it out inspected it, made out of a heavy stretchy fabric with buttons up the front and my rank and name on the chest. I put it on and went into the hallway. I quickly knocked on everyone's doors and informed them about wearing their uniforms.

As I stopped at Sofie's door, I paused, I was a little worried that she would disappointed about not being chosen as the third in command, slowly I knocked. All of the sudden the door was flung open and Sofie gave me a big hug. "Thank you so much for not making me the second command..." she whispered. "I was so afraid that you would choose me, but luckily you know me well enough that I do not give orders... Thank you, thank you, thank you..."

I sighed with relief. "I knew you would be chosen to captain our team, you are the best in our class and everyone would do anything for you..." I stepped back relieved that I wouldn't have to worry about Sofie being mad.

Within fifteen minutes all of us were in the training room D13 for our new device training. Sitting on the floor a agent who appeared to be in his late fifties entered.

"Hello, my name is agent Lockwood and they have assigned me to teach you about all of your new equipment you will be using on your missions." the agent greeted with exuberance.

"First off, in the JCSS you were only taught how to use stun guns for safety reasons, unfortunately when you are on different missions you will sometimes be required to actually take the life of someone, in which case you will have to learn how to use the multipurpose gun." He looked up to make sure we were all paying attention.

"This," he held up what looked like a typical hand gun that was a little bigger in the grip area, "is the multipurpose gun, it has two settings, one is the stun gun, you all know how that works, and second is just like a real gun and fires actual bullets. The only thing separating the two ways of using this, is this small little switch." He looked around for extra effect.

"You also will each be given a watch," with that he handed us each a watch looking device. "Each of these wonderful devices comes with of course a watch, but also a microphone to a ear piece that will be broadcasted to each of the other team members, it also includes a homing device so headquarters can know where you are, and last but not least a built in GPS."

"There is more equipment, but we will get to those in another class." agent Lockwood concluded. The rest of the class was spent going over how to properly use the multi use gun and the watch.

After class we all headed to the martial arts class, this was definitely my favorite. I loved flipping, learning complicated twists, kicks, and punches. We were taught new stances and more offensive moves and ended the class with practicing one on one with each other.

We all headed to the cafeteria for lunch sitting together at the table we discussed each of the positions each person had been assigned in our group.

I was of course, was the assigned leader. Derrick was second in command and also strategy expert.

Sofie was put in charge of first aid, she was most definitely the best at taking care of people, although we had all been trained in first aid, Sofie had caught on the best through the years.

Brian who I had selected to be my third in command was also put in charge of communications, with that he was in charge of making sure we had contact with each other at all times as well as contact with the home base.

Another guy from our team was Arnold, Arnold was the oldest at two months shy of being eighteen. Known more for his brute than brains, he was the assigned weapons expert.

Shayla was next, she was a fiery red head with a very large personality. She had been assigned as the Technological expert. She was extremely smart and was actually the youngest at only sixteen, she had graduated high school early.

Liam was the one assigned to stealth. Liam was one of the taller guys in our group but was thin. Shayla and Liam had dated off and on for over a year now, at the moment they were on.

Leslie, was assigned to communications too, but she was in charge of communicating with those outside the CSS. Leslie had been assigned it because she was fluent in over six languages. We had all been instructed in English, Spanish, and Chinese, but Leslie was also completely fluent in Russian, Arabic, and Portuguese.

Mark was assigned as the equipment specialist, this meant he would be in charge of making sure we all had our proper gear.

And last but not least was Jennifer. Jenny as we all called her was our transportation specialist, she knew how to pilot jets, cars, helicopters, and any other device meant for transporting us any, and everywhere.

As we finished our lunch everyone went to their own classes and I was left to attend a few minutes of each of their classes. Everyone did excellent learning about any new equipment they had in their areas.

At dinner everyone was exited to tell everyone how they were doing.

As I laid down that night I thought about how big my responsibility was now. I was now in charge of making sure that my whole team came back every time and that we completed the tasks assigned to us. If I failed I wouldn't only put our missions in jeopardy, but my whole team also...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I made sure you got to know the whole team. There should be a little more action in the next chapter...

Please vote, comment, and become a fan!