The Assassin's Assistant - Chapter one

Okay, here is the first chapter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter One

"Beep, Beep, Beep..." I started to groan until I realized what today was. Yesterday I had finally graduated from high-school meaning the secret service was finally going to promote me.

My name is Aubreena, I am 17 years old, I have dark brown hair down to my shoulders that I usually keep in a pony tail. I am 5.5" and only weigh about 110 lbs. which is helpful when you are part of the FBI's extremely secret sector called the CSS or in other words the Complete Secret Service.

Both of my parents are part of the CSS and so when I turned 12 the CSS opened a program called the JCSS (Junior CSS). With the program they started opening opportunities for their agents children to work for them by giving each of the children strategic training. This was helpful for the CSS because no one would ever suspect some little 14 year old.

I was fortunately chosen as one of the few asked by the CSS to be apart of the JCSS. I immediately accepted so that I would have more time with my parents.

Well five years later I was finally being promoted to the CSS. The CSS didn't want to do this to any of the JCSS until they had graduated high-school. But as soon as I had, they didn't want to wait another day.

I quickly slipped into a suit and ran down the stairs to the kitchen.

"How's my little Aubreena doing this morning?" Dad asked from the table.

"I can't believe you are already moving into the CSS with us" Mom said as she came gave me a light hug.

Luckily for once Mom and Dad were both home from missions for my graduation. I smiled as I sat down to my favorite French toast breakfast.

~~~~~

After breakfast Dad, Mom, and I all piled into our silver porsche and drove downtown to the FBI's office. Once we arrived we entered the back door and each entered a supply closet in the back. As we entered Dad pulled a receiver off a phone in the back corner, entered a long twenty digit number on to the keypad and a hidden door opened leading to an elevator.

We took the the elevator down a level and entered the main headquarters of the CSS. As you exit the elevator you enter into a huge auditorium the size of a football field with a stage at the far end. There are lots of passages leading off of the main room leading to training areas, offices, cafeteria, dorms, and supply rooms. As we entered the large auditorium I could see it was filled with rows and rows of chairs for those attending the ceremony for me and the other graduated JCSS agents.

About half of the chairs were filled now, so I made my way up to the front row where the other graduates were. I quickly took my seat between Sofie Gliston and Derrick Jones. Both of them had been my best friends since we were first assigned to the JCSS, Sofie was taller than me, about 5.11" and was a stunning blonde. Derrick was actually an inch shorter than Sofie at 5.10" and was also a blonde, he kept his hair short and spiked the front.

Sofie and Derrick had liked each other for a couple years now, but had never gone any further because they had never wanted their relationship to in any way adjust the outcome of a mission. I just thought of them as my best friends.

Overall there were ten of us graduating to the CSS this year and since this was the first time to have JCSS agents graduate to being full CSS agents it was a very big deal. I happened to be the top of the graduating class so it had been rumoured a lot that I would become a leader of my own group. Second best in the class was actually Derrick and then the rest of our class including Sofie were all pretty equal.

As the room finished filling with agents the head of the CSS stood up.

"I would like to congratulate our first JCSS class for finally graduating to the CSS" Agent Richard Mathews announced loudly from the podium. "As you begin your journey with the CSS I want to thank you for putting in all of the work you have to help us save and help those in need."

With a round of applause he motioned for us to make our way to the stage. As I lead our group to the stage we lined up. Agent Mathews called for silence and then called me to the front.

"Miss Aubreena has now graduated from the JCSS and because of her great work and abilities she has been given the chance to be a Squad commander of our newest CSS team!" With that Agent Mathews motioned for the rest of our class to come line up behind me. "Now if you could all give the newest CSS team a big round of applause."

The room erupted into lots of cheering. I looked down to where my parents were, each of them had big grins on their faces as they looked at me. I was now officially apart of the CSS.