Chapter 1- start of a new life

Start from the beginning

Sapphire & Ruby: "Do they?" 

Jaune: "They will! Well, I-I hope they will. My mom always says that... Never mind." 

Jaune stops himself as you three softly chuckle. you hold out your hand smiling.

Y/N: "The name is Y/N, this is Sapphire" 

Jaune shakes your hand, Sapphire waving softly as your attention then goes to the black and red dressed girl.

Ruby: "I'm Ruby, Ruby Rose!" 

Ruby gives you a friendly smile before her eyes glace over at your weapon before looking back at you in excitement 

Ruby: "Is that your Weapon?, can i see it?" 

Y/N: "Huh?, oh sure i don't mind" 

You hold out your sheath and press a button on the top, the sheath unfolds making Old-faithful drop towards the ground. You catch it in the air and hold up the big sword with one hand. Having such a heavy and big weapon meant you had to train your body and strength just to even swing it. Everyone stares at your weapon in amazement at how your able to hold such a heavy weapon with ease. 

Ruby: "Wow its so cool!" 

Ruby goes around you, looking at the blade "A two handed sword!, can it transform!?"

 Y/N: "you bet it can!"

Moving a bit away to get some space, you grip onto the handle tightly and give it the bottom a quick and hard twist as it makes a click sound.  The blade splits in the middle and folds into two cylinders, the handle curving slights as you hold the weapon out. 

Y/N: It transforms into a double barreled shotgun when i twist the handle, though i always have to keep a pack of normal shells and dust infused ones on me at all time." 

You show the ammo pouch on your hip that's packed full of shells

Y/N: "They are easy to get your hands on but since i can only use two bullets at a time its a pain to reload."

You twist the handle once more making it transform back into its sword form. 

Sapphire: "alright everyone, we should probably hurry before we miss the ceremony"

We all nod and start running to the entrance ceremony.

Walking in you and sapphire split off from Jaune and Ruby after saying your goodbyes.

Sapphire: "Looks like its just the two of us now" 

You both chuckle then bring your attention to the stage as Professor Ozpin is about to talk.

Time skip brought to you by chibi Ozpin making his speech.

Later that night

As everyone is setting up their sleeping bags in the main hall you sit on yours polishing your blade. Sapphire had split off and went over to her friends, sitting a bit from you talking and checking out all the shirtless boys. you place Old-faithful back in its sheath and get up heading towards one of the door to the courtyard.

???: "Y/N!". 

you hear someone yell out your name and look over seeing ruby sitting with the blonde haired girl from before. 

Y/N: "hey ruby, whats up?" 

you walking over towards them while smiling. 

???: "who's this ruby? already got a boyfriend huh?" 

the blonde girl grins at Ruby who throws her pillow in her face making her laugh.

Ruby: "Shut up yang! He's my friend" 

she starts blushing a bit then bring her attention back to you as you sit down in front both of them chuckling 

Ruby: "I wanted to say thanks for helping me and Jaune get to the Entrance ceremony".

 Y/N: "No need for thanks Ruby, just happy to help" 

you glance over and notice the blonde girl named Yang, checking your body 

Yang: "So your Y/N huh? Ruby told me about you, but i didn't expect you to look like this hot stuff" 

She winks at you as ruby blushes hitting her arm softly

Yang: "The names Yang, Yang Xiao Long. I'm ruby's older sister"

 Yang holds out her hand and you shake it softly. 

Y/N: "A pleasure meeting you good looking" 

you wink back and chuckle softly 

Y/N: "You two don't look like sisters" 

Ruby: "Same father, Different mothers" 

 Y/N: "Gotcha, well i would love to sit around and talk more but i need to get some fresh air, good night you two"

You wave at them as you start walking away. They wave back as you open the door walking out to the courtyard. You take a deep breath enjoying the cool night air then get down starting to do some training.

 Y/N: "Need to get some training in before bed, been sitting around the past two days doing nothing"

You train in the courtyard for a few minutes then walk back in heading back to your sleeping bag in the nearly complete darkness. Falling asleep in the surprisingly quiet room filled with people.