VI: Neutral Route: (Y/N)

Start from the beginning

"Err....thanks? Why are you so happy, though?" Saeran inquired.

"Well..." You let your voice trail off in the wind, thinking for a moment about how to word your thoughts. "Since my parents died, the orphanage couldn't find my actual birth certificate. So I've never been able to celebrate my birthday...which is why I know how sad it is not to have one! So I want to celebrate your birthday with you! So we can both be happy together!"

Saeran stood there in shock, unsure of how you could be so happy for someone else when it undoubtedly brought you sadness of your own. "(Y/N)..." He whispered, surprised by your natural selflessness once more.

"Wait here; I even got you a birthday gift!" You said, jumping out of Saeran's arms and sprinting out of the male's reach to a nearby bench, whereupon you picked something small. "Here!" You exclaimed eagerly, holding out what Saeran realized was a little potted flower with a mint-green stem and white petals, tinted red at the tips."It's just like you!" You giggled.

Saeran smiled at your thoughtfulness and led you to the edge of the garden, opening a locked door and motioning for you to enter. "This is..." He trailed off before regaining his confidence. He had never shown anyone this place before. Only the Savior even knew it existed. "This is my private garden, princess. I want to give you something, too."

"Why?" You asked.

Saeran picked a long rose with (h/c) petals and an (e/c) bud in the center, handing it to you. "You said you don't know your birthday, right? Then...share one with me." Saeran tucked a strand of hair behind your ear and smiled softly, "Happy birthday, princess."

You smiled at the memory.

But those days were over. There was no point in smiling about them any longer. You pulled a stolen believer robe over your dress and inhaled sharply, hitting the Enter button and running the code you had spent the past week perfecting.

As the program began to execute, you watched the timer pop up on your screen and sprinted to the door, exiting the Security Room as soon as you checked to confirm that the hallway was empty.

You heard the door click behind you and tried to calm your heart in its rapid beating.

There's no going back now.

If anyone caught you, you were dead. If anyone saw you, you were dead. Well, if I make it out of here, I'm still probably dead, you thought to yourself before shaking the thought, more focused on sprinting down the corridor.

You had half an hour to escape the Mint Eye; after that, the program you just ran would delete itself, and all the doors you had locked would unlock themselves, meaning that the halls would be filled with believers and disciples.

And the alarm will ring, you thought to yourself, pushing past the first door.

You had to take two rights, a left, then another right, and then you'd be able to escape through an open window that was being replaced.

You sprinted down the hall, reminding yourself that your program had accounted for each and every person in the Mint Eye that could jeopardize your plan. This would work. It has to, you thought, continuing your sprint.

***

There was no way to tell how much time had passed. The only clocks in the entire Mint Eye were in the Savior's room and in the Security Room, both long behind you.

But whatever hour it was, you had made it in time.

You slammed the door behind you, letting your back slide down the wall as your heart calmed down. The window hadn't been replaced yet. It was fully open, the entire room smelling like freshly cut grass and the sweet smell of nature.