Chapter Twenty Six

Chapter Twenty Six

T.P

Who is that?

I thought long and hard for the rest of that day about that letter, about the mysterious person. I probably shouldn't go, for all I know it could be a trap. However, the majority of me believes that this person could help us. The person says they know about my origins, what origins? I wrapped my scarf around my neck still contemplating whether or not to go. With a long sigh I tugged on my boots and left the house.

Within a couple of minutes I was outside The Holmes Café, the simple shack styled building blended in well with trees. It's too late to go back now. I entered the café, a small bell ringing as I opened the door, and looked around. An elderly couple, a young man and a few college students were all I could see. There was nobody out of the ordinary. After ordering a cup of coffee, I took a seat next to the window.

It was currently five minutes before four and most of the customers had left by now. I sipped on my  coffee anxiously. In less than a minute, the person would be here. That person could potentially kill me and no one would know. I hadn't told anyone I was going to be here, for all they know I'm sitting at home doing homework or trying to find leads on Sophie. I'm here for Sophie, this person knows who took her and why, but the bigger part of me knew that I was actually here for a different reason, for a more selfish reason.

The scraping of the chair in front of me brought me out of my thoughts. Sitting in front of me was a man of around his mid forties. He looked quite young, to be honest. Light blonde hair with grey streaks, hinting his real age that his looks seem to be hiding.

"I'm sorry for being late, but I was held up," the man said giving me a friendly smile which did not ease my wariness. I looked at my watch, surprised to see that it was nearly twelve minutes past four. Time flies past.

I looked around, inspecting the area for anything unusual, but looked at the man after he chuckled.

"Seriously I'm no threat, look," he put his hands up, "no weapons or anything. I meant what I said in the letter, I'm an ally Tessa." The man gave me a serious look towards the end. I sighed, even if he was here to abduct me or something, he would've probably done it by now.

"I still don't trust you, but you can start by telling me your name." I crossed my arms to show him that I wasn't going to give in that easily.

"Tate. Tate Parker" the man, who I now know is called Tate, said. He had quite a strong physique from what I could see, no weapons seemed to be poking out from under his coat.

"How do you know my name?" the question poured out from my mouth. How did he know my name?

"Now, before you think I'm a stalker, I'm not. I was sent here to protect you." Tate spoke earnestly and from I could detect, he wasn't lying, but protect me from what? And whom from?