Heavenly Brother

Angelica Jr. hated herself. She had hoped for the better, but nothing seemed to go right for the 17-year-old; Her Aunt Angelica had abandoned her about a week ago, and she had recently lost her older brother Philip Hamilton. Everything seemed to be crumbling down around her, and she believed that it was all her fault.

"I'll be home soon, Angel! Just you wait!" That was the last thing that Angel had heard from her big brother, Philip Hamilton.

"I love you!" Andthat was the last thing that Angel had ever said before Philip was shot.

Philip had said that while pointing his gun at the sky, which was to be fired in ten seconds... until George Eacker quickly pulled the trigger and shot him in the chest. Angel was relieved that Philip didn't die straightaway, but still felt bad for what Philip had suffered.

Angel remembered going to the Hospital with her parents, Alexander and Eliza, to see Philip. The day seemed a bit more slower before she went. Angel couldn't bring herself together after Philip was shot. She was a mess; crying everyday, wishing that Philip would knock on her bedroom door saying that he was all better. But instead, her brother had to stay in the hospital for days before Angel had been finally permitted by her parents to see him, mostly because the 19-year-old had been requesting for his sister's presence ever since, yet was ignored by his parents' constant worry for his well-being.

Flashback :

November 24th 1801

Angel made it into the room in which Philip was being held. The room itself was like a regular hospital bed, but Philip being the one in the bed made it seem as if the room was a prison cell.

"Philip!" Angel made her way to Philip's side, and took his hand in hers. Philip looked pale, and the heart rate thermometer beside him was showing a temperature colder than usual, indicating that Philip was in a bad condition.

"Angel..." Philip's voice managed to slur out in the state that he was.

"Are you OK?"

Philip's lip slightly curved upward, "Well... you're... here..." he gasped.

Angel smiled slightly at the compliment. "How long do you think you'll be here?" She asked, her free hand starting to twitch nervously.

Eliza, who had been watching the scene with Alexander, took a step toward the teen, "Angel, sweetie... we have some bad news for you..."

Eliza then burst into tears, and Alexander went to comfort her, "We're afraid that Philip won't – he can't – he's not..." he tried to finish his wife's announcement, but also ended up sobbing mildly, leading A.Jr. to approach Philip and Angel.

Philip turned Angel's attention over to her, "I'm not gonna be alive much longer, Angel..."

Angel looked over at her brother, "brother..."

"Angel, it's my time to go on to the next life..." Philip informed his sister with a tear rolling down his cheek, "...if there is a next life."

"There is, Philip." Eliza nodded, still upset, "You'll be in a place with other nice friendly brave people."

"NO!" Angel yelled, startling her family, "Philip, you won't die. You CAN'T die on me now! We were gonna go through adulthood together, and maybe even poetry together, and..."

"Now you have a future that you can control." Philip pointed out weakly, "I won't be in your way."

Angel sighed sadly, "Don't talk like that. I saved your life once, and I'll be able to do it again! All we need is to-"

Angel felt Philip's other hand rest on top on the hand that was already holding Philip's other hand, "It's alright. The doctors have done everything they can to help."