I

*The songs provided above are recommended listened to while reading each chapter*

Chapter One

Sometimes I like to sit on the roof of my car and stare at the sunset as it bleeds into different pastels, I like to think about what the world would be like if we didn't have some of our greatest artists, poets, saviors.

  As a lost and confused preteen in middle school, the only thing keeping me connected to gravity was the poetry written by heartbroken authors. The only thing holding me to the soil was something as silly and stupid as poetry. Kids teased me on end about it, but they'll never know what it feels like to lose a piece of them until they quite literally lose a piece of them.

  For me, that would be my life. Yes, I was resuscitated, but for a split, very split second, I lost grip of gravity and floated into the never ending dimensions of what isn't life. I felt every vein in my body go cold and just as quick as they went cold, they went warm again. The sight of my father crying down onto me, yelling at god as to how he could take me from him, the doctors shaking me rapidly and begging me to keep my eyelids open. Even within that moment, the only thing louder then all of the chaos was my own heartbeat, it's rhythmic beating as it fights for its life.

  Car crashes can be deadly. They took my mother, they took Sierra, they almost took me.

Even yet, even with me holding on by a thread, I still find it hard to pass through the days. Depression mantles itself like a jacket over my brain and heart. Most of the time, I can swallow my pretty blue pill and be A-Okay. Yet sometimes, even with that same pretty blue pill, I find my hot tears slowly dripping down my cheeks like a weak stream in a lost forest.

I guess depression is an appropriate feeling when you've lost your mom, your sister, and for a small second, yourself.

And that is why I've spent all three months of summer break in a physical therapy unit four hours from my house. Not only did I have to deal with strengthening my battered and bruised body, but I also had to go three months without Haley. Haley has been my best friend for ten years now, she's my light in my darkness.

Oh my god, Thank You for reading all the way through my first chapter! It's short, I know, I know

Oh my god, Thank You for reading all the way through my first chapter! It's short, I know, I know. I wanted to use this as an opportunity to give you an inside on Sages' past, her accident.

Please comment & vote, it really helps me out as an author. The person to comment on my chapters the most will get a shout out on the upcoming chapter :)