Chapter 7 - First lesson

Warning: suicide mentionned ahead.

Dust's POV

"....and then he went for a walk." I ended the story.

"Oh...I'm so sorry...." Geno's ears lowered. I can feel him getting worried.

Error glanced at me then behind me. I turned around too, only to notice the person I was speaking about right there, looking at me with empty eyes.

Geno was about to say something, but got interrupted by the emotionless looking werewolf. "I'm fine," he really wasn't. Not in this state. "Geno I need to speak to you. Send the 2 idiots and your bro to train them or whatever..."

Geno only nodded and looked at me. "I know what to do" I sighed and glanced at the confused team.

"Follow me" I walked to the small lake and stared into the water. They all followed and went to my sides, Horror and Error being next to me of course.

"I'll let you handle this 'kay ? I'm tired" Horror announced after yawning. "Alright, 'night" I stared back at the water as my ally went to sleep in the cave.

"Alright. We'll start with something easy enough for you. Hun-" I didn't have time to finish that someone half-yelled a question.

"Excuse me ??" My eyes landed on a brown wolf with a black mark on his cheek. "You can't yell like that idiot." I managed to say quietly.

"Sorry, " he said less loudly. "I just wanted to know if you were gonna tell us what we need to know about werewolves ? Also what's up with the mate thing ? What is-" I suddenly growled to stop his annoying questions.

Error glared at me. I answered with a confused glance then looked back at him. "first of all, don't ever f***ing yell here, you'll give away our spot. Second, why don't you know these things ?"

"Well," he looked away, i might have scared him. "we weren't born werewolves, we've only been like this for......uh.....an hour ?"

What the hell ? Why would Geno take them if they don't even know how.....nevermind. Geno is random anyway. "well then. Guess we're changing subject for your first lesson." I sat down and sighed.

No one's POV

"Everyone make a circle. We'll let you ask questions one by one. It'll be like.....a game ?" Error said unsure of his idea.

Most of them looked at him with a smile while others shrugged it off. They all sat in a circle. Dust was to Error's right. Next to him was Blue followed by Ink, Sci, Dream, Cross, Chara, Killer, Lust and Reaper.

"You all know how to turn into monsters again right ?" Everyone nodded to Dust's question. "Great. That's one question out of the way. We'll start with....uh... names I guess ? I dunno any of you."

The chaos made by everyone speaking at the same time wasn't helping much. "Okay no forget that. We'll start with you." Dust glanced at the little wolf to his right. "Name and question."

Blue bravely smiled at him. "My name's Blue ! Also, what is the concept of the mate thing ?"

Dust stared at Blue for a while as Error answered. "All werewolves have a mate. They are born with one. It can be a human, a monster or another from the same specie,"

Error closed his eyes and try to imagine the scene. "Our mate is basically our only lover. We can only feel for them. Whenever we are around 'em, there are hints. Having a human or monster mate is more difficult though, only a werewolf can feel their mate's presence"

"Humans and monsters can have multiple mates. That's why having a mate from a different specie is difficult. You can get rejected." Dust continued the 'speech'.

"Also, whenever a werewolf gets rejected, or when their mate dies, it'll be like their entire world sunk into an abyss of darkness." The students froze at the thought.

"Most werewolves going through this kinda pain usually ends up starving themselves to death or even attempt to jump off a cliff" he added quietly.

Everyone was silent for a while. "But it's said that the moon goddess gives us another mate as a second chance if our first mate dies."

Dust shook his head. "Anyway, next please"

And it went on. Everyone got to ask for answers. Most of the questions were about werewolf stuff such as their beliefs and how they act, how they worked as a team, how they eat and the list went on. Until that one question arrived: "did any of you meet your mate yet ?"

Error looked at where the question came from. Dream appeared in his vision. "I haven't yet....I think ?" He looked at Dust. "Same. Geno has been acting weird though."

"ah ?" Error turned to face him. "Yeah, ever since the accident he looked really stressed, remember ? But now he's calm" His ally stated.

Error glanced at Geno. For once, his brother wasn't looking around for something that wasn't going to happen. He spoke calmly with Fell. The glitchy wolf let out a small smile before turning back to Dust. "You're right. It feels nice to have him relaxed for once."

Reaper was a bit worried about his leader, which he found weird because he didn't knew him that much. They only spoke for a minute or so. "What accident do you mean ?"

Sadness tried to erase Error's voice but the lake in his view helped calming him down. "He got attacked once. His eye was in a bad state and let's not speak about his huge slash on the stomach"

Guilt took a place in Reaper's heart. He knew he was the reason why Geno had wounds. "I think he was attacked by silver because it's...it's still not healing..."

Reaper could feel it. The guilt. It was unbearable. Why was he here that day ? Why did he have to meet Geno like that ? Why did his father attacked him ? It's his fault. He is the one who wanted to go in the beginning.

He stood up. "Uh- What are you..." Error didn't finish his question. He simply looked as Reaper walked away.

"I don't deserve to stay."

Attention everyone ! The feels train is passing by, again !! Make sure to put your sadness in a bag, dropping it could be triggering genuine tears. Thanks for your attention :D