Chapter 2 - The "Emergency" (Ethan)

It's around half past ten; I receive a call from my boss. She said that it is an emergency, so I quickly got dressed in a shirt and jeans, grabbed my files and ran out the door.

I was about two feet away from the subway station, when I got a text from her (my boss), saying that the problem was solved. So I turned around and started walking back to my apartment.

I'm walking and texting (like a stupid person) and thus banged into this lady, maybe in her late twenties, and she fell onto the sidewalk. Oops. "I am so sorry!" I said. She had brown curls and eyes the color of the sky. To say she was pretty would be an understatement.

I stood there in awe surrounded by the papers in my file. Back to focus. I reached out my hand to help her up, and for that one moment our eyes met. Her cheeks and ears were completely red.

Once she was back on her two feet, she told me it was okay and I began to pick up the papers, making sure that I didn't take any of hers, because she looks like she has a pretty important job, and I lived in Massachusetts and had no way of giving them back to her. Am I ranting? I think I am ranting. Sorry for ranting.

"I am so sorry..." I stuttered and out of embarrassment speed-walked back to my apartment.