Halloween (Oldrivalshipping)

The music from the party below was barely drowned out by the door standing in the way. This year it was one of the Kanto dexholders turn to host the party so all the dexholders were all gathered at Yellow's house for a Halloween celebration. Everyone was present except for the two kanto girls who were hiding in Yellow's room upstairs trying to get dressed.

"You look beautiful!" Yellow reassured Blue.

Blue twirled around in front of the mirror with a look of wonder as she couldn't seem to understand how the beautiful girl in front of her was in fact herself. Her dress was a sparkling gold ballgown that hugged and flowed in all the right places. Some of her hair was tied into a bun, but most cascaded down her back in gentle curls."Yellow! Where did you find this dress?"

 "Um, W-well, I," Yellow stuttered and looked anywhere but at her friend's eyes. She took a quick breath and played with her hair. "I, I just saw it at a store and, I couldn't help but to buy it for you."

 "You're already hosting a party at your house, you didn't need to go out of your way for me." Blue's eyes couldn't stray away from her reflection. "How much do I owe you?"

 "Don't be silly. You don't owe me anything," Yellow giggled. As she smoothed out her own dress, she added under her breath, "What happens tonight would be enough."

Red knocked on the door at the moment, saving Yellow from Blue having to question what she said. "Hello? What's taking you both so long?"

 Blue nudged Yellow with a giant smirk on her face, wiggling her eyebrows suggestively.

 The blonde healer blushed and said, "We're coming out now."

 They stepped out in full view for Red to see. He whistled softly. "Took you long enough. You both look beautiful, but Blue? I'd like to spend time with my date, too if it's not a problem."

 "You can have her, there's someone else on my mind right now," Blue says absentmindedly as she descended the stairs, looking out into the crowd of people for a certain spikey-haired brunette.

 "I'm sure Green's around here somewhere. He's probably somewhere away from everyone." Red looked about nervously before momentarily glancing at Yellow.

 "You want us to wait with you, Blue?" The blonde healer asked.

 "No, Arceus no! You two lovebirds have fun!" Blue forced a smile and shoved them to the dance-floor. She didn't want them to be so wrapped up with her that they don't have fun on their own date.

 Blue sat down on the couch, resting her head against her hand as she looked for Green. She watched Sapphire try to escape Ruby's scrutinizing nagging about keeping her dress clean. Crystal was trying to flail out of Gold's strong grip in protest as he dragged her slowly to the dance floor. Pearl stared daggers at Emerald and Dia for laughing at how Platina had talked to him as going as her partner. Even her younger brother Silver seemed to be having a better time at the party than her as he tried to keep his bangs covering his cheeks to hide his blush from Lyra leaning her head against his shoulder.

 Everyone seemed to have a date except Blue. She huffed and stood up immediately.

 She strolled out and leaned against the wall of the house. She didn't think Green was going to show up and that wouldn't surprise her in the least. He was always busy since he became a gym leader and to be honest, she heard how much the young gym leader had become so popular with the girl trainers.

Blue turned her head to stare at the star-filled sky. Thanks to Yellow's decision to have her house built away from the hustle and bustle of the city, most can see all the stars that seem to dot the sky.

 Blue was so focused on the amazing view that she didn't know someone was watching her.

He watched as she stared longingly at the sky in her dress. He chuckled amusingly as the young girl let out a groan and crossed her arms stubbornly.

 "It truly is a beautiful sight, huh?" 

 Blue immediately jumped and spun around to stare at the person. Her eyes searched frantically in the dark until she saw the light reflect and hit his emerald eyes just at the right angle. "G-Green?"

 He arched an eyebrow questionably. "Yes, who else would it be?"

 "I thought you'd be too busy working at your gym," Blue responded shyly. She grabbed a handful of her dress to keep him from seeing her shocked expression.

 Green smirked slightly. "Doesn't mean I'd miss this party. So why are you out here by yourself?"

 "The music was too loud in there so I decided to come outside." Blue pouted and blushed. Sensing his crooked smile, she added with a pout, "Fine, I also don't have a date. Happy?"

 The silence that followed was almost unbearable. You could hear the hoots of the hoot hoots echoing through the night sky and watching the sky, you could faintly see the outlines of zubats flying before the moonlight.

 Green lifted Blue's chin up to gaze softly into her blue irises. He waited, just gazing and searching her eyes for any sign of something, before he replied, "You do."

 "I do what?" Blue asked curiously.

 "You do have a date."

Green backed off into the porch light so Blue could get a better look at his outfit and when she did, she audibly gasped. Green was dressed as a prince with a white dress shirt and black dress-pants, but you knew that he was supposed to be matching Blue's outfit by the gold sash slipped around his waist and the gold embroidered in his navy blue jacket. He even had went as far as to tie the back of his hair into a ribbon, but that's as far as he went with his hairstyle because he still kept the spikes.

 Blue stood awestruck, but this time not from the sky. It was the breathtaking gym leader in front of her. "You look great! How'd you know?"

 "The same girl who picked out your outfit helped me plan this." Green drew closer to her again and smirked, playing off an eye roll. "She also promised me that she'd keep this secret from you."

 "And here I thought I was the Cupid of the group," Blue said with a giggle.

 Green took a rose out of his jacket pocket and placed it gently in Blue's hair. "Well, sometimes I think you need a break to enjoy your life, too. You always say that to me so I think it's my turn to say this to you." He held his arm out for her to take, bowing sarcastically. "Shall we, Princess?"

 Blue giggled, fighting the heat fighting its way to her cheeks, but looped her arm through his. "We shall."

 Green walked back to the house, letting his hand slip down her arm to intertwine their hands together. When his free hand grasped the front door handle, he paused to look intently into Blue's eyes once again.

 "What is it, Greenie?"

 He leaned down, sending a cool chill running down her spine as he whispered softly into her ear, "I forgot to tell you how pretty you look tonight."

He pulled back, but not before planting a quick kiss to her cheek. As he watched her cheeks begin to blaze red, he smiled contently knowing that he could only cause the Master Flirt to blush like this and opened the door. 

 Blue stood shocked for a moment before she sidled up to Green's side and leaned her head against her date's shoulder. "Green?"

 "Hm?"

 "Remind me to plan a sweet date for Yellow and Red to pay her back," Blue said.

 Green chuckled, rolling his eyes playfully at the twinkle in her eyes and shook his head, slipping his arm to loosely hang around her waist. "Pesky Girl."

 -::-

 Hey everyone!

 I hope you like this Oldrivalshipping one-shot because I thought it was fun to write. This is definitely one of my favorite pairings besides Ferrisshipping and Ikarishipping!

 Thank you, and comment if you'd like another pairing and if you would like a specific scene to go on. 

 Sayonara, fellow Pokemon lovers!