6 | I don't see why not

Wednesday 15th May

Wednesday 15th May

'No.' George said, he'd never done anything worse than skip a few pieces of homework. Josh was the polar opposite, having only done a maximum of three pieces of homework in his whole school career.

'Well if we both hate geography why don't we just bunk it?' Josh asked far too casually for such a request.

Nerves bit at the smaller boy, not wanting to get into trouble nor wanting to seem like a loser to his new friend.
'Uhm, I mean, is there really a point? It's only one lesson and then we'll be in science together so-'

'What? Are you scared or something?' The blond smirked at George's clear hesitation to do something that was so routine for him. He immediately regret putting pressure on the boy as his cheeks glowed with embarrassment.
'I promise you we won't get caught.'

As much as George shouldn't trust the guy who'd almost got expelled twice there was something comforting about how his smile softened when he said that, and before George could think about it he was already agreeing.
'Yeah, okay.'

He thought that seeing his curly-haired friend's eyes light up at his answer might've made it worth it, and struggled not to crack a smile.

'Come on, before they start nagging us to get in.' Josh was already tugging at his friend's wrist, pulling him to a more wooded area of the school grounds. Leaves blocked the pair from seeing out and presumably anyone outside from looking in.

'This is the one place I've never got caught, they're so thick they never check what is probably the most obvious area for bunking.' The blond said, half a ramble and half an attempt to calm the worried looking boy with him.

Cigarettes and coke cans were scattered across the ground, swear words and phallic shapes carved into the trees. Josh was already sat on the trunk of a fallen tree as he beckoned George to join him.

'It's not a particularly pretty place, but at least it's hidden.' He commented as George sat next to him.

'What other places do you go when you bunk, then?'

'Usually behind the tennis courts, that place used to be nice but it's kind of just turned to a landfill now.' He sighed, glancing at the litter on the ground below him.

'There is a really nice place a little bit around the back of the science block. I go there whenever I bunk alone, if I brought the others they'd just mess it up.' He let out a sad chuckle at the last statement.

'Would I be allowed to go there?' George's blue eyes seemed to eat into Joshy, causing a knot to form in his stomach.

'We'll have to see next time we bunk.' Josh answered, and when a smile graced the smaller boy's face he had to pretend that it didn't give him butterflies.

However, that smile dissolved when they heard leaves crunching from outside the bushes. George shot a panicked look to Josh as the footsteps drew closer. The blond got a hold of his friend's hand and led him behind a large tree, being careful not to step on any leaves or sticks on the way.