2 | Welcome to study club

Monday 13th May

Monday 13th May

The final bell of the day rang. It was 3:00PM.

Alex and Fraser sat in the library, as was routine for them. Fraser had originally stayed after school to revise however when Alex started tagging along it soon became a hangout place for them to generally fuck around.

Fraser aimlessly drew blue boxes on the desktop of one of the library computers, only half-listening to Alex's rambles.

'And this guy just completely stopping in the hallway. Like dead still. Who does that? In a busy hallway?'

Alex's rant was interrupted by the library door swinging open, both boys quickly snapped their heads round to look at the unexpected visitor. A tall man stood in the doorway, his face adorned with a dark beard.

'Uh. Study club?' He asked, looking at the pair. They exchanged a quick glance between one and other.

'Oh, yeah. Books are over there' Fraser pointed to a pile of revision books that sat in a pile on top of a table. The man nodded at them and made his way over.

'I didn't think anyone would come.' Alex spoke lowly, not wanting to distract the man studying a couple tables away from them.

'He must've seen stock image man and couldn't resist.' Fraser joked, Alex laughed a little too loud at the silly comment causing the bearded man to glance up at them. He shot them a warm smile before returning to looking at his notes.

'Ow, fuck!'

All three of them looked up at where the yelp had came from, finding themselves staring back at the library door as two new strangers appeared. One held his head, presumably from hitting it against the door whilst the other held his stomach in fits of laughter.

'It's not even that funny, you mong.' The shorter one stated, shaking his head at his friend even though he wore a goofy grin himself.

'Not even been here five minutes and you're necking it on with a door, bloody hell.' His friend teased, before looking around the room, glancing at the three men that were already settled.
'Oi, this is where the study club is, yeah?' He called out to the three, seemingly unaware of his volume.

'Yeah, mate. Books are over there.' Fraser answered, nodding over to where the tall man had sat.

'Ah, cheers.' The pair of strangers made their way over to the table, picking up a couple of books at random before settling at a table next to the man studying.

'Fucking hell, library club's popular.' Alex commented in a whisper, looking around at the newcomers. The two new boys were bickering and giggling at each other as the dark-haired man staring intently at revision books, Alex continued his rant about people in hallways and Fraser returned to aimlessly clicking around.