3 | Oi, it's you!

Tuesday 14th May

Tuesday 14th May

George sat at his desk which was located near the middle of the class. Each table was wide enough for two chairs, he was sat alone on his table as all his peers had someone to sit next to, of course George did have people he talked to in this class, but he was more of an acquaintance to them than a friend. He aimlessly doodled onto his desk, not bothering to pay attention to whatever the teacher was saying.

'Sorry I'm late.'

'20 minutes late, young man. Did you get yourself signed in?'

'Yeah.'

'Right, Josh. You'll have to go to Mr Edwards at lunch. Go sit yourself down.'

George looked up upon hearing the familiar name, and surely enough he saw the blond boy from study club stood at the front of the classroom. Josh looked over to a seat on the back row and began to walk over there when he suddenly caught sight of George. He gave him a smile before walking over to the small boy's table.

Josh sat in the chair next to him as the teacher continued to rattle on about neutrons and electrons, whatever those words meant. George stopped doodling on the table upon the arrival of the curly-haired boy sat next to him.

'Hey.' Josh whispered, looking towards George.
'You're from study club, right?' He asked, even though he already knew the answer.

'Yeah, George.' The short boy answered with a nod.

'I'm Josh. Didn't even realise we had science together.'

'How? I've been in this set since the start of the year.'

'I just didn't really notice you.'

'Cheers.' George grumbled, lightly chuckling at the unintentionally harsh statement.

'I didn't mean it like that!' Josh went to defend himself, wearing a smile as he realised how his lighthearted comment had come across.

'Boys. Stop talking.' The teacher commanded, glaring at them. George threw his eyes back down to his desk. He hated being the centre of attention.

'We weren't.' Josh answered dully, making the teacher shake his head in annoyance before continuing his lesson.

George stared across the many doodles drawn across his desk, most of which were his. He'd always enjoyed reading other people's remarks too. He had to stop himself from laughing as he read a particularly silly one.
Mr Hampeshire has a 2 incher

Just as he was admiring the stupidity of his peers a small piece of paper was pushed in front of him, invading his view.

'you going to study club again tonight?' It paper read, it was accompanied by a goofy looking smiley face. George looked over to the boy sat next to him who nodded his head towards the teacher before flashing George a quick smile.