Chapter Nine

Previously on the last chapter~~~~~

"Who are they?" Angela asked.

"The fae Gods, they come to retrieve the sick faes to take them out of their misery, but we have the option to wait for a certain amount of time before they come back to take you again for good." Bella couldn't look at her son instead she looked a corner in the room. She didn't want to see her son's face when she said the next words.

"She's letting them take her." She had whispered it so softly that he almost didn't hear her, almost.

-------------

Chapter 9

-------------

Autumn was trapped in darkness, she wasn't sure how she got there, but she remembered what happened before she passed out. With nothing to distract herself with, the image of Grace's lips on Christopher's kept replaying in her head, making her curl into a ball, and she cried softly.

Why would he let Grace kiss him? Did he love her too?

Those were the types of questions that plagued her mind as she wept. She thought maybe he didn't love her because she wasn't human, or maybe she just wasn't worthy enough to be Christopher's beloved. Autumn had felt warmth in her chest in the past few days around Christopher, she didn't know what it was, or more like she didn't realize it, until the words left Grace's mouth. Even though in the back of her mind she was ecstatic by the revelation, the feeling was immediately crushed by her heart shattering to pieces in her chest.

After she wept for a while, Autumn started to think about her surroundings, or lack thereof, she was curious as to what state she was currently in. Would she ever be able to see Christopher and his family again? Would she forever stay in this state? She didn't know what to think because she did not know what situation she was currently in. She had not met any other faes, so there was no possibility of her being able to ask someone about herself, and other things that a faery must know.

Looking into the void, Autumn realized that she did not want to go back to the human world, but neither did she want to stay in the darkness, where she was left only to her miserable thoughts. She wanted to get away from that place and go somewhere where she wouldn't remember why she ended there in the first place. When Autumn thoughts had ceased for just a second, she had realized that the whole time she was enclosed in the darkness; there were voices of people whispering in the darkness. She heard female voices that sounded like they were in distress, a moment after the female voices were joined by a male one, and then another female's voice.

At first she did not realize who the voices belonged to because she could not hear what they were saying, but she soon realized that the voices belonged to Christopher and his family. She felt a small light of happiness enter her soul as she guessed that they must be worried about her, in whatever state she was in. She tried to tell them that she was fine, so that they would stop worrying, but her voice was mute and the whispering continued.

Autumn wanted to see Angela smile and listen to Angel tease her about Christopher... Christopher, her chest tightened at his name, she didn't want to see him again, more like she couldn't see him again, because she knew that as soon as her eyes came upon him her shattered heart would not be the only thing shattered but her soul also.

Because that's what she realized Christopher was, he was part of her soul, and she had lost it. There was no way that anyone would be able to replace his part, and without him Autumn would not live a life of happiness. Her eyes pooled with tears threating to fall, but she did not resist for long and let them fall on their own accord.