Chapter One

Previously on the last chapter~~~~~~~

"I guess you are, now let's eat before Chris decides to go on an eating rampage and not leave any for us." Angel laughed as they all headed for the dinning room.

"Hey! I was fifteen then, and I hadn't eaten for a whole day, A WHOLE day! I didn't even know that happened until you guys told me the next morning when I woke up." Christopher said defensively as he took his seat.

"Who knew a hungry person could black out and eat every single food in the house, you'd think his stomach would explode!" Angela said and they all burst with laughter. His life may be hard, but it was moment sad like these that made him cherish his life.

----------------------

Chapter 1

-------------------

        Christopher was sleeping peacefully until there was a knocking at his chamber door that had him sitting up on his bed abruptly. He groaned as he rubbed his eyes and yelled, permitting the rude person to enter his room. The door opened and the clicking of heels we heard on the wood floor, letting him know that it was either Angel or Angela, in their maid uniform already, and knowing his sisters, it was Angel who had so rudely woken him up.

"Glad to see that your awake brother." The smug voice of Angel entered his ears and he took a deep breath to ready himself for the day, since he was awake now and wouldn't be able to go back to sleep.

"What is it that you want Angel?" Christopher asked as he turned around to face his sister. She had long brown hair that she got from their mother, blue eyes that always had a mischievous glint to them, were from their father. She reached right under his shoulder, had a right smile, and a petite figure. Both her and Angela looked alike but Angela had blonde hair from their father like Christopher, and green eyes from their mother. Christopher was the only one that looked more liked their father with his long blonde hair, blue eyes, broad shoulders, and was about 6'2.

"Now, now brother, you know that you're supposed to drop us off at work on the weekends, today is Saturday, if you forgot. You should really buy a calendar." Angel smiled at him, satisfied at the groan that emitted from his lips, and she exited the room humming a tune she learned in school.

        Christopher thought that buying a calendar would be a good idea, that way he would be able to keep track of things. He never really thought that he needed a calendar, because all his days consisted of the same routine, it was like he was on auto-pilot. He would wake up in the morning, bathe, eat, work, deliver, and then pick up his sisters. He was so use to the routine that he never noticed how many years passed by, he never thought how many years passed until his sisters mention how he needed to get a wife. But with him being stubborn, he just simply brushed off the comment, thinking that he would be just fine without a wife.

He stood from his bed and stretched the sleep away and headed for the bath across the hall. After his bath, he headed to the kitchen and the smell of pancakes made his mouth salivate. When he opened the door to the kitchen, he saw his mother stacking pancakes on a big plate, and then putting it on the table with hot syrup on the side.

"I haven't had pancakes in a long time." Angela said as she walked in the kitchen and grabbed a plate for everyone. After everyone was done eating, they all help their mother clean up, and then they headed out, not forgetting to give their mother a kiss goodbye.

        After Christopher dropped off his sister, he went to the small office, to see who needed wood, and how much they needed. No one in the town had a cell phone, but they did have a house phone, just in case they couldn't go to someone in person.

        He walked up to Dave, who was sitting at the front desk with his boots on the desk and whistling a tune as he looked through papers. Christopher cleared his throat, getting Dave's attention, making him put his feet down and look up at his towering figure.

"Who needs wood delivered today?" Christopher said as he bobbed his head at Dave.

"Not much as yesterday, Lucia needs four bundles, Greg needs three, Jessica needs five, and Becca needs four." Dave read the paper and looked up at Christopher to make sure he heard, and when he saw him nod, he knew he understood, and he went back to his papers.

        Twenty minutes later, Christopher finally arrived in front of the forest. He jumped from his car and got his axe and rope to get to work. He walked around looking for trees that weren't to firm, and started hacking away at the smaller trees, that weren't too hard to cut down. After cutting his fourth tree, he picked them up in pairs and loaded them onto the truck.

        He went back to the forest to find two more trees, since that would be enough for the jobs assigned to him. He found another tree and cut it down, and now he just needed one last one. He found one, just by the river, that was now as white as the snow that had fallen. The tree had green moss on it, and it was the first tree that he found that actually had it, but it wasn't going to be hard to cut it down.

        He pulled his axe back and hacked the tree the first time, only getting a little chip of it off, he did it again and this time he was close to the halfway point of the tree. When he pulled his axe back again, a small light emitted from the tree, but then disappeared; he thought it had to do with the sun that was beaming that day, so he paid no mind to it. He hit the tree one last time and now it passed the halfway point and just needed a little hack before it fell down.

        But he never got to even pull the axe back before a ball of white light, the size of his hand, came to his face and started to 'zzz' in his face. Shocked and unable to make out what insect could be that big, he yelped and backed into the tree, making whatever last strings of life it had detach, and the tree fell to the ground.

        And when this happened the ball of white light, changed to a light pink and turned to a dark red in a matter of seconds, and in his mind he thought that whatever it was did not like the fact that the tree was cut down, and that it was currently really angry.

        Christopher had no idea that he just barked up the wrong tree, and the owner of the tree is ready to make him pay the price.

_____________________________

A/N:

So, what did you guys think?

Remember feed back is the best thing you can give an author!

VOTE!

COMMENT!

FOLLOW!

LUV YA! ^_^