Chapter Five

ATTENTION PREVIOUS READERS:  So, funny story

ATTENTION PREVIOUS READERS:  So, funny story. I was scanning through the book section at Walmart when I came across a book featuring a werecat. Cool, huh! Not that many were-kitties out there nowadays. I decided to read the blurb, and I was completely shocked! The main characters name was REMY! OMG, I was so upset. I had never read the book or even heard of the author, and then I come across this book coincidentally, and they have stolen one of my main characters names! (Obviously they didn't really steal it, this book is already published). So, I'll be changing Remy's name to River. This current chapter will be the first chapter with the new naming, and I'll be editing the previous chapters to support the name change as well. Sorry for the inconvenience, and i hope you enjoy!

____________________________

"Wake up, Kitten."

"Huh, whaa?"

Someone was shaking me awake. I tried to open my eyes, but they involuntarily closed again. The sunlight polluted the room, and my head ached like hell.

"Go away." I mumbled.

I buried my head back into my pillow, trying to drift back into a dreamless sleep. Apparently, River had other plans.

"Get up. Max is almost here."

Groaning, I opened my eyes slowly and narrowed them into slits. River stood over me, with a gray tank top stretching over his shoulders. He looked fresh out of the shower and the smell of Old Spice lingered in the air.

Looking down, I noticed that I was still naked. The tall mirror across from the bed showed me that my hair was in a mess of tangles atop my head.

"How long until he's here?" I ask, a scowl still evident on my face.

The memory of what happened last night caught up with me. I still wasn't happy that Max was going to be staying in our house, but I wasn't going to be a rude host. Max was really a nice guy, and he never got River into any trouble. Plus, he was coming here to help us. I really was being a prude.

"He'll be here in half an hour. I think you should put on some clothes." River said, his lips pursed into a smirk.

"You know I was intoxicated last night, right? You took advantage of me!" I joked.

River leaned over me on the bed, his arms placed beside me creating a cage from which I couldn't wiggle out of. He eyes twinkled with mischief.

"Do you want me to continue to take advantage?" he asked, his fingers trailing down my breast, causing a shiver to run through my body.

"Hmm... Maybe," I said, trailing my hand down to stroke his pants. "Not."

I slid down under his arms and ran to the bathroom, giving him one last glance before I closed the door. He sat on the bed with his mouth gaping open. Ha, that'll show him. Sometimes he needed the reminder that he wasn't the alpha cat in this relationship. I was a top runner for the title, if there was one.