Nine days: part 2

Over the next several days, Nine caught Joong stealing glances at him when he thought Nine wasn't looking. It became like a game of cat and mouse, where Nine used his peripheral vision and all convenient reflective surfaces to catch Joong staring at him. And when they were talking face to face, Joong seemed to find it difficult not to stare at Nine's lips. 

Nine smirked. Somebody was missing his kisses. But to tell the truth, Nine wasn't faring much better himself. He knew he had to wait for Joong to take the next step, or there was a chance Joong would gay panic and do something stupid. Why had he fallen in love with such a clueless kid?! Nine despaired, from the lofty wisdom of all his twenty years of age.

Yet, whenever Nine thought about those kisses, he felt his body catch fire. He could only imagine how it would feel for Joong to lie on top of him, kissing him with passion. Nine took a hasty gulp of cold water from the water bottle Joong happened to hand to him just then.

Joong watched, mesmerised, at how Nine's throat moved as he gulped down the water. He had to wrench his eyes off Nine. Damn, why couldn't he stop thinking about that kiss? But he knew why. It was his first real kiss. The others had been on set, filmed, and scripted. This one had been real. Well, Nine had still been showing him how to kiss, it wasn't like Nine had wanted to kiss him. Or that Joong had wanted to kiss Nine. Was it? Joong's eyes landed on Nine's lips again and he had to turn away hastily.

They had a fan meeting that day, and they were expected to flirt with their onscreen partners. Joong had to coax Nine to put his arms around his neck, and then he brought his face closer to Nine's to tease him. The crowd went wild, and Nine got the case of the shy, and turned his face away, blushing, then back at Joong, and then had to turn to the other side. Joong was delighted, and he could hear the fans screaming, and Ben's loud laughter in the background. Nine was shy! Joong found it unbearably adorable.

That night, Joong was again sleeping over at Nine's. They woke up in each other's arms most mornings now, and Joong remembered the first morning Nine woke up when he was still snuggled into Joong's arms.

"Ack, why are you hugging me? Get off!" Nine had exclaimed and pushed Joong away.

"Me hugging you?! Look at you! It was you!" Joong had retorted and pushed Nine away with equal force, making Nine curse him cutely under his breath.

The next morning they had both waken up at the same time, and Nine had muttered something about the narrow bed when he moved all the way to the other edge from Joong.

"Well, why don't you get a bigger one, then?" Joong had replied.

"Maybe I will!" Nine had said, but now it was two weeks later, and they still shared the same narrow bed, and Nine seemed to have no plans on getting a bigger one either.

Two nights earlier, as they had settled into bed, Joong had unthinkingly opened his arms so that Nine could snuggle into them, which he did, equally unthinkingly. They had both frozen. Neither could think of anything to say.

"Hmmmm.... Good night," Nine had finally said, and slowly relaxed, his face betraying none of the elation he felt inside.

"Good night," Joong had replied, his voice a little hoarse. He hadn't quite understand how it had all happened, or why Nine was letting him do this, but for some reason he couldn't push Nine away either.

That night, after the fan meeting, it was Nine who snuggled into Joong's arms, throwing him a 'don't you dare say anything' grumpy look, and Joong had to bite his lip to keep his smile in check. Nine's grumpy face was so cute! "Good night, P'Nine," was all he said. He fell asleep with another smile on his face.