Chapter 12: Failure

Start from the beginning

I don't like that stern glare she gave as she summoned a batch of icicles from thin air and attack me, same routine like the first, I dodge and shot them but I know she's plotting something when I saw her diabolical smile. I recharged Gracrux and let Aerux do all the offensive shots for a while. Since my enemy here is an expert torturer and a turntable General, I need to be more careful on her.

Esdeath: Hmm, not bad. I commend your strength and strategy. You're truly admirable but, you wasted your opportunity to be part of my army when you declined all of my invitations and assault my messengers~ *Smile*

She lounges at me with her Rapier, I wait for her to step onto my killing range and ready Aerux. Esdeath tries to slash my neck but I deflected it and shot her, to my surprised, she didn't even withdraw. Instead, she took a side step, twirl and gave a menacing kick on my left rib. I hissed in pain as I take a distance but she was already in front of me and slash my hand with her sharp Rapier, dropping Aerux on her feet.

Why are you holding back? This is Esdeath! Use your true power Y/n!

No, I won't hurt her...

Argh, you fool. Still holding that old sadly promise?

Shut up.

This is why I hate inferior humans to be my successor.

My right eye twitched as that stupid Teigu referred me as an inferior? Anger's slightly rising and i accidentally gaze Esdeath with my death glare. She was astounded at first but intend to keep her cool and continued to attack me. I felt Gracrux's finally recharged and I will only have to wait until she use her trump cards to defeat me.

Esdeath: Already mad? That's not good. I was enjoying this great battle of ours but I guess..it is time to end it. *Smile*

Y/n: ...

Esdeath: Grauhorn!

Esdeath creates a giant pillar of ice which look like a giant horn and throws it on my direction. I was right, she will use one of her trump cards as her finishing move. Good thing, I have a reserved trump card to counter it. I point Gracrux to the incoming horn and,

Y/n: Höllenflamme..

Unleash a dark-red blazing beam and countered her imperial arm's power. As our trump card's collides, a massive thick mists appears and covers the whole surroundings, making the whole area a zero-visibility zone. Using my shadow as a map, I track Esdeath's shadow and snatch Aerux away from her and flee.

TIMESKIP

Finally, I escape and reached the river without a trailing Esdeath behind. To be honest, that was a close fight. Even though I didn't use Gracrux's full power to destroy that ice horn, it is enough to break it and make a diversion and time to flee. My thoughts were being interrupted when I saw my happy Scharfrihter, having a little bonfire and lunch beside the river.