"Only if you help me finish this," she said giving him a smile.

"Of course"

That's how they spend their next couple of hours, talking and cleaning with occasional jokes here and there but they did cherish these moments just being together without the fear of the elders cooking up something new or someone setting off an Apocalyptic event, just the two of them doing something normal. This was something they didn't get a chance to do ever since they met, it was always something that they had to do, someone they had to save and whatnot.

"So when did you started to remember it?" He said picking up another pile of books and walked behind her as she went up the ladder and stood beside as she placed those books back into their rightful places.

"Us? I guess, i never really forgot it. But after i turned 20, it started with small dreams and it escalated after i finished my studies and worked with few archaeologists, i started to believe in them."

"Why didn't you tell me that when we were at university? I'm sorry i should have warned you but i didn't want to you think i was crazy or something."

"Ha! I doubt it, In the university, you had always been the one who didn't joke around much"

"Does your brother know about it?"

"That we went to the same university and met each other there? No"

"Ha! I would love to see his face when he finds that out"

"true.... but i rather not do it now. Maybe someday but that day is not gonna come anytime soon."

They both looked at each other and burst out laughing. They could just imagine Rick's face when he would find out that they both actually met again after their childhood in the university. Those were fun times, Ardeth and she managed to fall in love even before they knew that they were arranged to get married and that was a pretty fun time because they thought they were doing something wrong the whole time but neither had the strength to tell the other about it. It was like a whole other comedy when they found out that they were supposed to get married to each other. 

"Fun times." She sighed as they finished the last pile of books and placed it on the top shelf then asked, "How come you're here?"

"Well, I am now the owner of this place so it's only fair that I keep an eye on things here, and well, I wanted to meet you."

"That's wonderful, this is a wonderful place but I'm more glad that I got to see you," Jasmine said turning to face him while still on the ladder, wrapping her arms around Ardeth kissing his cheek with a bright smile on her face. "I'm tall as you now." She laughed making him chuckle as well, he helped her down, it was time for the stroll which was promised.

They walked in the streets of the city, talking and just enjoying each other's company. Talking about everything from what they missed out in the other one's life to what they hope for the future and anything they could think of in that present moment. Well, after all, they went through this was something they truly deserved. Jasmine knew that there were pieces of Hatshepsut's life she is yet to remember as this clearly looks like there is more to Hatshepsut than she thought. She was still learning more and more about her and what really happened.

They had earlier dropped a message at the hotel they (Rick, Evie, Jonathan and herself) were staying at, about her being out with Ardeth and she'll be safe. Now it was getting darker and the sky was looking like a masterpiece of hues and tints, it was a breathtaking sight. They were now wrapped in comfortable silence. They knew what was going to happen and it was unavoidable. She has to go back with her brother and he has to leave to investigate a suspicious activity that seemed to be happening near a tribe a little far from his.

"I know you went back to make a deal with the elder" Jasmine stated, looking at the beautiful view in front of her. Ardeth tensed, not expecting this sudden statement coming from her, he didn't expect her to find out about it so soon. He sighed, "I'm sorry-"

"I didn't ask to meet you so you would apologize. I'm not here for that. You can't keep making decisions for things that concern me as well." She said looking him in the eye. "Ardeth, if we can't trust the other to be able to get through this, then what are we doing here.?"  There was a silence after that, not the kind that is good but not the kind that is bad either. It was just silence that was felt by the pair thinking over what was said and what had to be done. Looking at the scene in front of him, Ardeth took her hand in his and simply held it. That's all it took, he knew words would not mean much but actions would, he had been so used to making decisions for anything and everything that he forgot that with her, he doesn't have to do it alone. She was his equal, not below and he'd be damned before he let her go due to his stupidity.

She leaned into him and said, "I'm going back with my brother tomorrow."

Wrapping an arm around her, "I know." He kissed her head, holding her closer. " I know."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/n: Hey everyone! Hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Thank you.

With love,

Unwritten_Angel