August 23, 2019 (album release day)

Start from the beginning

Next

Next..

4. The Man

This is more of a political/feminist song rather than a love song about anyone.

According to Vogue, "she has often wondered how she would be written and spoken about if she were a man."

Taylor talking about Track 4: "It's a thought experiment of sorts: "If I had made all the same choices, all the same mistakes, all the same accomplishments, how would it read?""

5. The Archer

Track 5 is about Taylor's insecurities in a relationship.

"Easy they come, easy they go"

Taylor uses this idiom to lament her immaturity and naivete during her former relationships. Having come to this realization, she finally articulates her regret for having been so indifferent in her previous relationships.

"I never grow up, it's getting so old"

After a history of heartbreak, Taylor has now grown resentful and wishes she could have a more-mature life and relationship.

6. I Think He Knows

This is most likely another song about Joe but fans heads have turned at a particular lyric that could be about Harry.

"He got that boy-ish look that I like in a man"

Fans recognize that Joe looks his age and, well, like a man. Fans have said this line correlates to Harry who is younger than Taylor and doesn't exactly always look 25.

Although, in the bridge of the song Taylor sings, "indigo eyes", which is another way to say blue eyes.

Joe has blue eyes.

7. Miss Americana and The Heartbreak Prince

This is more of a political song due to:

"American glory faded before me"

American imagery was once an important aspect of Taylor's branding—for many years she was famous for her celebrity-filled Independence Day celebrations, and even branded as 'America's Sweetheart' for her patriotic, all-American image during her time on the country music scene.