April 18, 2017

Harry's cover for Rolling Stone has been released. He talks about Taylor and their relationship and what its become.

DISCLAIMER: I DID NOT MAKE ANY OF THIS UP. THIS IS WORD FOR WORD OF WHAT ROLLING STONE OR HARRY HAS SAID IN THE INTERVIEW.

Harry talking about writing his music:
The one subject that hits the hardest is love whether its platonic, romantic, loving it, gaining it, losing it... it always hits you the hardest. I don't think people want to hear me talking about going to bars and how great everything is. The champagne popping... who wants to hear about it? I don't want to hear my favorite artists talk about all the amazing shit they get to do. I want to hear, "How did you feel when you were alone in that hotel room, because you chose to be alone?"

Harry talking about his date in Central Park with Taylor Swift:
When I see photos from that day I think: Relationships are hard, at any age. And adding in that you don't really understand exactly how it works when you're 18, trying to navigate all the stuff that didn't make it easier. I mean, you're a little bit awkward to begin with. You're on a date with someone you really like. It should be that simple, right? It was a learning experience, for sure. But at the heart of it -- I just wanted it to be a normal date.

Harry talking about Style and Out of the Woods:
He's well aware that at least 2 songs of Swifts -- "Out of the Woods" and "Style" are considered to be about their romance. (You've got that long hair slicked back, white t-shirt," she sang in Style.) "I mean, I don't know if they're about me or not..." he says, attempting gallant discretion, "but the issue is, she's so good, they're bloody everywhere." He smiles. "I write from my experiences; everyone does that. I'm lucky if everything [we went through] helped create those songs. That's what hits your heart. That's the stuff that's hardest to say, and it's the stuff I talk least about. That's the part that's about the two people. I'm never going to tell anybody everything. (Fans wondered whether "Perfect," a song Styles co-wrote for One direction, might have been about Swift: "And if you like cameras flashing every time we go out/ And if you're looking for someone to write your breakup songs about/ Baby, I'm perfect.")

Harry talking about the songs:
Was he able to tell her that he admired the songs? "Yes and no." he says after a long pause. "She doesn't need me to tell her they're great. They're great songs... It's the most amazing unspoken dialogue ever." Is there anything he'd want to say to Swift today? "Maybe this is where you write down that I left!" He laughs, and looks off. "I don't know." he finally says. "Certain things didn't work out. Theres a lot of things that can still be right, and it's still wrong. In writing songs about stuff like that, I like tipping a hat to the time together. You're celebrating that fact it was powerful and made you feel something rather than 'this didn't work out, and that's bad.' And if you run into that person maybe it's awkward, maybe you have to get drunk... but you shared something. Meeting someone new, sharing those experiences, it's the best shit ever. So thank you."

Fans speculate Harry is talking about this moment and perhaps many other secret rendezvous

They also think Harry's unreleased song off his new album, "Meet Me In the Hallway" is about Taylor.

Rolling Stone talks about his music:
He notes more of a more recent relationship, possibly over now, but significant for the past few years. "She's a huge part of the album," says Styles. "Sometimes you want to tip the hat, and sometimes you just want to give them the whole cap... and hope they know it's just for them."

--

I really love how Harry talks about their past relationship. He's such a gentlemen and is so respectful. He's a fan of her work and she's a fan of his work. They both support each other. He calls 1989 the most amazing unspoken dialogue ever. That's a pretty big compliment. Now, we just have to wait until the album releases and we can hear the lyric parallels! Stay tuned!