Sleeping Arrangements

Start from the beginning

Wondering if she would ever make it to the back, Jade came to two small steps, and climbed them to meet with the deck. She saw two big sliding doors that were on the cabin itself. She tried to peek into the cabin, but it was too dark in the inside. All she could make out were a couple of darkened shapes that looked more or less like kitchen appliances. A cold wind whipped through and she crossed her arms trying to shield her body from the cold. A noise startled her and she turned around quickly. She caught a glimpse of something out in the distance and walked onto the deck till she met up with the railing.

"Oh my god," she said. Her mouth gaped open at the sight that she was allowed to look upon.

"Hey Jade, we found the key," Zach said. The sound of his boots didn't even seem to faze her. "What's wrong?"

Jade turned to look at him and motioned him to come closer. He abided and made his way to her side, but his eyes never left hers.

"What is it?" he asked. Instead of answering she pointed out in front of her and his eyes followed. "Oh my god."

"That's the same thing I said," Jade admitted. "All this time that I've been living in California I haven't gotten a chance to check out the beaches. If it's this good I really want to go and check it out." Jade couldn't even take her eyes off of the sight that she was looking at. It was the ocean! It wasn't a lake or anything, but the ocean itself. Olivia's parent's cabin was right on the edge of Maine at the ocean itself. It wouldn't have been anything except for the moon's rays that were beaming down on it. Also, the moon seemed to have its own reflection on the glassy surface.

"I tell you it's one surprise after another so far on this trip," Zach chuckled and grabbed Jade's hand. "We better go, I'm too damn tired to be staring at the ocean with you."

Jade smiled. "I thought you wanted to spend time with me on this trip?"

"Sure I do, but..." Zach began and pulled Jade down off the deck. "Let me do that when I'm all refreshed for you. So, I can be at the top of my game."

"Game? What game? You don't have a game Zach," Jade laughed.

Zach gave the girl a smirk. "You can keep thinking that lady, but I do have a game."

Jade laughed as she was still being pulled around to the front of the cabin.

"Still don't believe me?" Zach stopped and asked. He let go of Jade's hand and placed both of his hands in his jean pockets. He kicked at the path when Jade leaned against the panel of the log cabin and shrugged her shoulders.

"Nope," Jade answered. The smile that she had on her face quickly disappeared when Zach propped both of his hands on the side of her head. He was so close to her that his cologne inflamed her nose. She began to hold her breath as she concentrated on trying to stand up straight.

"Not going to faint are you?" Zach asked when he looked down at her knees. They looked like they were about to buckle at any moment.

Jade blushed. "N...no!" Jade said and gave him a shove. Trying to hide the blush that was apparent on her face she begun to head back up the path. Her pace wasn't slow, but a quick and steady one.

Zach huffed by her side. "Don't be embarrassed I...oh what did I do? I made you weak in the knees," Zach laughed.

"You can be such an asshole," Jade told him as they approached the front of the cabin.

"Ahem," Olivia interrupted and cleared her throat. "I thought you two were going to behave yourselves. Remember what our promise was about please."

Jade chewed on her bottom lip nervously. "Sorry he was just acting like an asshole, so I had to point him out as one. Isn't that right?" Jade told Olivia while poking Zach's left arm with her elbow.