An Agreement...Sort Of!?

Start from the beginning

At the end of the day Jade called Josh and explained she wouldn't be at work because she was sick. Which was a lie, but she didn't feel like going to work. Especially, since she was suppose to warn Olivia about his intentions. After, calling him she caught another cab and went home.

"Hello!" Jade said as she opened the door, to the townhouse. Shrugging she shut the door behind her and walked upstairs. . It should have been obvious to her that he wasn't home, when she didn't see his motorcycle in the front of the house, but she looked into Zach's bedroom any noticing that he wasn't in it. So, she suspected that he was either out somewhere or at work.

Lazily, Jade walked into her room and flopped down on the bed. She had to admit she was tired and she wanted to just take a nap, but brain wouldn't turn off! She pulled her book bag off her back, letting it fall to the floor. Jade raised her head up off the pillow after hearing a crackling sound and looked over the edge of the bed. There sat the ruffled bag that carried Zach's book in it. She had forgotten all about that book and picked the bag up, sitting it on the side of her body. The bag rustled as Jade pulled the book out of the bag and read the back.

"'Terrence David, a 25 year old millionaire, thought finding that one special woman in his life was nothing, but nonsense. Women were filled to love one thing from him only...his money. He did however find one that he thought was the ONE, but he was wrong. After, Nancy leaves, divorces him, and takes everything he ever had, he finds himself having to start over from scratch. So, he moves across the country to stay with his parents to try to start life over by working at his fathers company. While he's living in his parent's mansion he takes interest in one particular person. It's none other then the highly attractive Lora Pett, the babysitter for his little brother. But, she's 17! Could this young girl, possibly help him pick up the pieces and make him believe in love again?'" Jade read out loud. "Wow, this actually sounds really good!"

Jade flipped the book back over and turned on her lamp beside her bed, then reached to pull the small drawer open that was under it. Feeling around she grabbed a, blue, eyeglass case. She was about to close the drawer when she saw a, black, case sitting inside. It contained the glasses that Zach had bought her a couple of days ago. She licked her top teeth and picked up the black case, opening it to pulling out the glasses.

"Ok Mr. Harris, let's read why you've been called the hot new author nowadays," Jade said, putting her glasses on and flipping to the first page.

"Jade!" a loud voice yelled. It had been about an hour since Jade had gotten home and she was still engrossed in the book. She barely even heard the voice call for her name, as she flipped another page. Footsteps were coming up the stairs and a tall figure appeared in her door way. "Jade!"

Jade looked up from her book. "Zach!" she said with a smile.

"Where have you been?" he asked, his voice sounding a little irritated.

"I've been here..."

"No!" Zach said abruptly. "Where were you this morning? Where were you this evening? Where the hell were you?"

"School...school...home...why are you so upset?" Jade asked, a frown appearing on her face. Zach moved from the doorway and sat on the edge of her bed, making it dip downward. He put his hands on his face and moved them to his hair.

"Why am I so upset? I wake up this morning late and I go to your room, but surprise you aren't there. So, I take it you were picked up by Olivia or something. I go to work, then after, I head to pick you up and I couldn't find you. Dammit, I waited about an hour for you," Zach explained harshly, his hands gripping the bedspread. "I go by the bookstore and Josh says you weren't coming today because you were sick. I decide to come back over here and...here you are!"