Museums Can be Fun

Start from the beginning

"See I told you he was an ass. And asses can't be complimented," she said, looking over Zach's shoulder to Josh. Josh smiled and attended to her side.

"Where are you two going?" Zach asked incredulously.

"I was thinking about taking Jade to the museum, would you like to join us?" Josh asked. Jade tensed and looked up at Josh, then back at Zach again. All she needed was for him to be there, while she was trying to get Josh. She couldn't possibly be around both of them...could she?

"Sorry man, but I have finally made a big break in my writing. Right now, I gotta work on that!" Zach said. "You guys have fun!" He moved past Jade and Josh to walk upstairs.

"Shall we go?" Josh gentlemanly asked. Jade nodded as he opened the door. Before, Jade walked out the door she looked back upstairs. Zach was standing at the top looking at her; she could almost swear he had a hint of jealousy in his eyes. She smiled at him and waved and he repeated the gesture.

Shutting the door lightly Jade sighed and jumped into Josh's car. As the car pulled into traffic, Jade looked up at the townhouse one more time and shifted in her seat.

"Don't tell me your having a rotten time with me already!?" Josh said once he noticed her slouch in her seat.

Shaking her head Jade stretched out. "Hell no, don't think your going to get rid of me that easily Josh," she said waving a finger at him playfully.

"I wouldn't want to do that just yet," Josh told her. Jade placed her elbow on the door frame and relaxed. The day was nice and bright and she was in a car with a guy who's interested in her, on the way to a museum! She closed her eyes and mumbled to herself. What was she thinking about going to a museum? Yea sure, she liked art and what not, but would it be a good place to get to know Josh? It's going to be quiet, peaceful, just the two of them and it's going to be overly romantic. Of course this would be a good idea to spend time with him!

"So what are we going to do after the museum?" Jade asked Josh.

"Well...what would you like to do?" he asked. Jade bent over to pull off her shoes, placing them in her lap.

"How about we go to the park? Or you could take me home and I could cook something up for you!"

"Sure and you can cook?" Josh added. Jade gave off a scoff and hit him on the arm.

"I can cook, don't think I can't!" Josh looked at her skeptically and then turned back to look at the road. "Oh ok I see how it is. Well you know what I am going to cook for you!"

"But..."

"And you will eat it..."

"Ok but..."

"And you're going to enjoy it dammit!" Jade yelled at him. The car suddenly became quiet, except for the sound of the car wheels on the asphalt. Jade looked out the window. "Are we almost there?"

"Yea we are." Josh slowed down as a red light was showing up ahead. "Jade, are you mad at me?" he asked.

"No I'm not. I just find it extremely offensive that you think I can't cook."

"But, your going to prove me wrong aren't you?" Josh said.

"Of course I am!" Jade quickly added. With that said the car fell silent again as the museum came into sight. Jade awed at the sight as Josh found a parking spot. "Why did you pick a museum out of all places?" Jade asked as she climbed out of the car.

"I thought it would be more appropriate then asking you to come over to my apartment," Josh confessed, as he locked up the car. Jade slipped her shoes back on and crossed her arms.