Beer, Spaghetti, and Pharmaceuticals

Author: 

AshleyKetchum_

Title

Beer, Spaghetti, and Pharmaceuticals

Blurb

*FEATURED WATTPAD PICKS*

If Alice Black had to describe Isaac Hanes using only nouns they would be beer, spaghetti, and pharmaceuticals. If she had to describe him using any other words she would choose: arrogant, bully, home wrecker, unqualified, neurotic, caring, funny, and most importantly, her friend.Alice's life was going no where until her high school bully, Isaac Hanes, sauntered back into her life. She hated everything he stood for. He was nothing but a one-dimensional pompous CEO who was blessed with a perfect life despite being the human form of evil, himself.As friendships grow, tensions grow. Things never work out smoothly.

*1st Place Winner in Romance for the Literally Lit Awards ❤️*

My Thoughts:

First and foremost, I'd like to say that I never expected this book to be half as good as it is. The beginning (especially) was so good, that I ended up falling asleep at 5am in the morning, because I couldn't stop reading (I blame the author for making it so amazing). I had no wifi while reading this, and this book was saved in my library for an eternity but I never ended up reading it till now. I really loved the title and that's what originally piqued my interest, since most CEO books have titles along the lines of "OMG I FELL IN LOVE WITH THE CEO WHO IS A BAD BOY AND THEN HE RETURNED THE FEELINGS BY THE THIRD CHAPTER OML HE'S SO HOT". Kudos to the author for creating such a creative title that fits the book perfectly!

This book is seriously amazing, and while it deals with a lot of clichés and dark themes, it portrays them in a raw and realistic way. The author broke a lot of stereotypes, and changed the way I see 3rd pov. I've always hated it since (for me) it always takes away from the reading experience. I actually really enjoyed the author's writing style, there's very few books I enjoy that are in third pov and this is one of them.

Also, the fact that this is romance-based would usually turn me away, but I seriously loved it. Most books on Wattpad are just the MC throwing herself at the love interest by the second chapter, and then they confess their "love" by the 10th, this wasn't anything along those lines. 

I spent the entire book fangirling, and wondering why you only have 63k reads? LIKE WHAT EVEN? THIS IS SO AMAZING, and while 63k reads isn't a small amount, I still expected millions more. WHY IS NO ONE TALKING ABOUT THIS BOOK? I LOVE IT! 

Seriously, it's super long (thank you, I love long chapters), and seriously amazing. You will swoon, you will cry, and you will wonder why you haven't read it any sooner. Now go forth and read it, may the force be with you!

(I said love and seriously way too much in this, don't mind me and my bird brain 😂)

Genre

Romance/Comedy/Chick Lit

Stars

4.5/5 stars

DISCLAIMER:

Deals with heavy topics, contains amazing writing, long chapters, spaghetti, and realistic + lovable characters & plot. 

You will lose sleep. You have been warned.

 You have been warned