Chapter Four

A month later

It had been a month since Becky's father had died and it was torture for me.
     I still saw Frankie, but we were never alone; we didn't hug, kiss, flirt. We barely spoke. Apart from when we were talking about or to Becky. We didn't do anything. We were both just supporting Becky. It was hard to see Becky draped all over Frankie every time I saw them. Frankie's eyes would always find mine and he looked at me with sorrow and longing. It killed me.
     I headed home after spending an evening with them watching films, eating snacks and drinking wine. Just like Frankie and I did before our amazing first kiss. I don't think I could take seeing them as loving, happy couple for much longer. It was tearing me apart. I think Frankie could sense how I was feeling because he gave me a knowing look before I left Becky's flat. As if he was feeling the exact same as me.
     I was angry at him. I know I told him that nothing could happen between us while Becky was grieving but that didn't mean I wanted him to blank me completely.
     I got home and threw my bag down on the floor in anger. I was angry at myself too for feeling like this when Becky needed my true and full support. I went straight to the kitchen to get a bottle of wine. I didn't bother with a glass. I slumped down on the kitchen floor and put my back against one of my cupboards, gulping down the bottle of wine.
A few minutes later, I heard a knocking on my door, "Go away." I muttered to myself and stayed put.
The knocking got louder. I gulped more wine and ignored it again. There was full on banging now, like my door was about to be broken down.
     "Lauren?!" I heard Frankie's muffled voice shouting.
     "GO AWAY!"
Then all the sudden, there he was in my kitchen, out of breath, staring down at me.
     "What the hell are you doing? Did you break my door down?" I didn't hear any wood breaking, though.
     "No, I used a key."
     "What?"
     "You heard me." He said, as I took another large gulp of wine.
I wiped my mouth on my sleeve and stared at him, "How have you got a key to my flat?" I demanded.
     "You don't need that wine." He stepped towards me.
I cradled the bottle to my chest protectively, "Yes, I do." I declared defiantly.
    "No. You. Don't."
    "How do you have a key to my home, Frankie Shaw?" I demanded again, struggling to get myself up off the kitchen floor, my ass had gone numb.
     "I got a key cut from the spare that Becky has." He admitted.
     "What the fuck? Stalker." I managed to stand.
     "Give me the bottle."
     "No."
     "So, help me god, Lauren Smith, give me the fucking bottle."
     "NO!" I shouted but with one quick swipe, he had the bottle out of my arms.
     "What the hell are you doing? Leave me alone!" I shouted in his face.
     "Don't shout at me, woman!" he growled at me, throwing the bottle of wine at my kitchen wall at the side of us, making it smash everywhere.
     "Frankie!" I yelled, my mouth dropping open.
     "I warned you!"
     "You're fucking crazy! Fucking pyscho stalker, cheating bastard!" I screamed at him.
Now it was his turn for his mouth to drop open.
     "That was uncalled for, Lauren."
     "I'm sorry." I muttered, my head dropping to my chest.
I didn't mean it. I was drunk and upset. It killed me not being with him.
     "What are you doing? Why are you having more drink after having some at Becky's? What's wrong?" Frankie questioned me.
     "What's wrong?" I laughed at his stupid question. "I desperately want someone that I can NEVER have! It's been a month! You and Becky are looking extremely loved up and comfortable and I know that you will never be with me! And it fucking kills me! You've been avoiding me as much as you can! Not messaging me or flirting with me, kissing me, making love to me!" I ranted.
     "You told me that nothing could happen while we were supporting her." Frankie muttered quietly.
     "I didn't mean ignore me completely!"
     "Lauren... you don't understand. I had to."
     "Why?"
     "Because if I can't have you completely then it would be worse having you only halfway. You don't think it's killing me not being able to speak to you every day or touch you or kiss you or do fucking anything to you! It really hurt me when you said nothing else could happen, so I had to try and avoid you. Every time I looked at you, it killed me. Surely you could see that in my eyes?!" Frankie begged me.
     "I could." I whispered quietly. "Could you see it in mine?"
     "I could." He whispered back.
Before I knew what was happening, he grabbed me around the waist and placed me onto my kitchen counter, wrapping my legs around his waist.
     His lips found mine instantly. His lips were frantic, searching, claiming me. I moaned into his mouth. It had been a whole month since I had kissed these lips. God, I missed them.
     I linked my ankles around his waist, pulling him closer to my body. His hands were all over my back and my waist while my hands were in his flop of messy brown hair, tugging it.
We broke apart and looked at each other. Pure lust and desire burning in our eyes.
    "I've missed you so much." Frankie whimpered.
     "I've missed you too."
     "God, Lauren, I need you."
Our lips were back together instantly. His tongue worked his way through my lips and touched mine. Electric sizzled all through my body and I felt like I was on fire. His hands gripped the bottom of my jumper and he pulled it over my head quickly, surprised to see I was braless underneath.
     "Mmm." He muttered, his lips travelling down my neck, over my collarbone and down to my breasts.
My nipples instantly hardened at his touch as he ran his tongue over them. I groaned with pleasure, arching my back so that my breasts were pushed into his face. I felt his cock harden against my thigh as he bit my nipple softly, causing me to gasp, before he pulled away.
     He grabbed my chin between his finger and thumb, causing my eyes to meet his, "Do you think I wanted to be away from you for a month?" He questioned, looking into my eyes.
I shook my head quickly.
     "Good, because I didn't. It's been the longest fucking month of my life." He pulled me off the counter to pull my jeans and knickers down, before placing me back onto the counter.
     He yanked his T-shirt off before pushing his own jeans and boxers down his legs. His magnificent cock sprung to attention against his stomach, ready for action. Frankie grabbed my thighs roughly, pulling my ass forward on the counter so that he could enter me. I closed my eyes and threw my head back waiting for him to fill me but instead he ran his nose up the length of my sex.
     I gasped and looked down to see his head between my legs. His nose was replaced with his tongue over my waiting clit. I grabbed his hair in my hands, moaning.
     "So wet and ready for me already." Frankie muttered then continued to pleasure me.
I was on the brink of orgasm already after having nothing from him for a month. He suddenly pulled away from me and my impending orgasm disappeared.
     "Don't stop!" I pleaded.
     "I told you before, I want to savour this." He muttered, kissing and nibbling the inside of my thighs before resuming his tongue back onto my clit.
This man was an absolute expert with his tongue, and he knew it! I was close again and he knew that too but this time he didn't stop, as I exploded all over his tongue.
I cried out in ecstasy, throwing my head back, crying out his name.
     He licked his lips and grinned at me as I looked back down to him, "Ready for me baby?"
     "More than ready."
     "That's what I want to hear."
In one short, sharp motion, he slammed into me and I cried out, nearly having the breath knocked out of me. I gripped onto the side of the counter tightly as he pounded in and out of me.
     "I've missed this so fucking much!" he breathed, kissing my breasts.
     "Mmm."
     "Whose is this pussy?"
I was in my own little world of pleasure when he slapped my outer thigh, bringing me back to him.
     "I said whose is this perfect pussy?" he demanded.
     "Yours, all yours." I breathlessly say.
     "And who do you belong to?"
     "You." I mutter, on the edge of yet another orgasm.
     "That's right. All. Mine." He said with each slow, pounding thrust.
     "Frankie... please."
     "Please what?"
     "I'm close."
     "Wait."
     "I can't!"
Frankie growled at me as he pounded faster and harder. He was relentless. Sweat was pouring from both of us and I was sliding across the counter, but he kept a firm hold of my hips as each thrust took me higher and higher.
     "So fucking perfect, it makes me never want to stop being inside you." Frankie muttered.
His words took me over the edge, and I climaxed hard all over him, my body jolting with pleasure.
My orgasm was his undoing and he followed me, "Fuuuucccckkkkk." He groaned, collapsing into my chest.
     We were both out of breath as he lifted my ass up off the counter and into his arms, not breaking our connection.
     "What are you doing?" I asked him.
     "Taking you to bed."
Inside, I was beaming. I wanted him to spend the night, but I knew deep down, he would have to go back to Becky. I wondered where he told her he was going. He must have sensed my inner turmoil as we reached the bedroom.
     "I'm staying the night." He told me, reading my thoughts.
     "What about Becky?" I asked as he placed me down on the bed, still attached to me.
I pulled my lower body away from him and he frowned at me, "Where do you think you are going?"
     "Nowhere." I replied, pushing him onto his back.
I snugged under his arm and put my leg across his body and my head on my chest, "You didn't answer my question."
     "She's been staying with her mum every night since her dad died. She's an only child isn't she, so her mum is all she has left. I've been staying there every now and again, but I told her to be with her mum tonight. I saw how upset you looked earlier at Becky's and I needed to be with you."
     "Thank you." I kissed his chest and he wrapped his arm tighter around me.
     "No need to thank me, baby. You're the one I want to be with, but we need to be careful of Becky's feelings."
     "I know. You are sweet when you want to be, aren't you?"
     "As I've told you before, I'm the whole package."
     "Big head."
     "That's not the only thing that's big."
I start laughing as he tickled my stomach, "Stop!"
     "I love that laugh; it's been a while since I've heard it."
Before I knew it, I was fast asleep in his arms. It was the best night's sleep I've ever had.

"Morning, baby."
I was awoken gently with a soft kiss on my lips. I was still draped all over Frankie, our legs entwined.
I smiled softly and looked up into his beautiful brown eyes, "Morning."
     "Did you sleep well?"
     "The best." I moaned, turning over onto my back and stretching. "What time is it?"
    "8.30."
     "Shit! I've got to be at work in half an hour." I sat up quickly.
Frankie pushed me back down onto my back and climbed over me, pushing his hands into the mattress to look over me, "Not yet, you don't."
I felt his erection pushing into my thigh as he looked cheekily down at me.
     I wiggled underneath him, trying to get free but his legs were pinning mine down, "I haven't got time for that." I whinged.
     "Yes you have and you wiggling underneath me is just turning me on even more." He leaned down to kiss my neck, pressing his whole body against mine.
     "Frankie, seriously. I will get fired."
     "Quit then."
     "I can't quit. What else would I do?"
     "What you really want to do. Be an artist." He told me, taking a lock of my hair into his fingers and twisting it around.
     "You remember that?"
     "I remember everything you tell me, Lauren. Now kiss me."
I lifted my head slightly to meet his lips and kiss him softly which turned into a deep passionate kiss.
I was falling for this man.
     We broke apart and I put my hands on his flexed biceps, "Please, Frankie, I'm going to be late and you better check on Becky." I hated saying those last words, but I knew I was right.
Frankie nodded softly, "You're right. I will let you off this time." He lay back on the bed, letting me get up.
     I rushed to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth before applying my make-up and getting dressed.
     "Do you want a lift to work?" he offered, once I was ready.
     "Please if you don't mind. I definitely won't get there on time if I walk. I really need to get a car."
Frankie slapped my ass as I walked past him to retrieve my bag, "I'm happy to drive you around everywhere."
I was deliriously happy that day at work even though I knew Frankie had gone to check on Becky before he went to work. I knew he wanted to be with me, and it made me so happy. I would wait forever for him.
     As I scrolled through my social media, I decided to put Frankie's name into the search bar. My heart melted looking at the pictures of him. He is so beautiful. I can't believe I woke up to him this morning.
Then I saw pictures of him and Becky together and felt a stab of jealousy. That should be me and him together.
     Tears stung my eyes, threatening to spill over onto my cheeks. I can't do this. Look at me... getting jealous and upset over photos. I shook my head and put my phone down, the tears threatening to spill over onto my cheeks. My happy feelings had certainly disappeared, and the photos reminded me that he wasn't mine at all. What the hell was I doing? My best friend just lost her dad and there I am; waking up in bed next to her boyfriend!
It was all just getting too much for me.
I couldn't deal with it.
I needed to get away from it all.
Just escape.
But how?
     "Jo? Could you tell the boss I have gone home sick if he asks please?"
     "Sure. Feel better soon, Lauren."
I shut down my laptop, grabbed my bag and ran out of there.
     I got home quickly and ran myself a hot bath to relax. As I soaked in the water, I dreamed of being on a beach somewhere without a care in the world. Maybe I could go on holiday? Maybe that's how I would get away from it all.
     My phone, that was resting on the side of my bath, pinged with a Facebook message. I didn't want to check but I know I instantly will. I sit up and grab the phone. Sure enough, it's Frankie.
Wait. He's sent me a picture message... it's a picture of him; topless and sweaty at work... exactly like my dream.
That was it.
The image has pushed me over the edge.
I text him quickly to say, 'I can't do this.' I slam my phone down and climbed out of the bath.
     I wrapped a towel around my quickly and headed towards my kitchen. I know it was still early, but I poured myself a glass of white wine. I grabbed the glass and walked towards my spare bedroom to fire up my laptop. I typed in relaxing holidays but then stopped and thought to myself...
No that wouldn't work because he would still be able to contact me. I would still have my phone to stalk his pictures. I would still cave in and call or text him.
I know exactly what I need.
A digital detox.
I type that into the search bar instead and a promising website came up in the search. I quickly clicked on it to see rows of beautiful cottages around 100 feet from each other. I clicked on more details. Apparently, you check your phone and any other gadgets into the reception when you check yourself in and the staff lock it away for the duration of your stay, with no exceptions. There were different activities to do such as yoga, meditation, art classes, swimming, hiking.
This is it.
This is what I needed.
It's perfect!
I immediately clicked book and entered my card details. I was going on a detox retreat, starting tomorrow.