Just A Little Carsick

Start from the beginning

"How long until we get to Tony's?" Marlena asked Steve quietly.

"About ten minutes."

Marlena nodded her head in understanding and looked back out the window.

"You know, I just wanna say that I'm really sorry about everyone you guys lost five years ago," Scott apologized, attracting everyone's attention. "I really hope we can find a way to make this work so we can bring everyone back."

"Me too, Scott," Natasha said to him.

"But seriously, just imagine how cool it would be to go back in time," Scott said excitedly. "Besides bringing everyone back, what else would you guys do if you could go back in time?"

"I don't think I would change much," Natasha answered. "I have everything I've ever wanted because of the team, so I guess the only thing I would do is bring everyone back. I would probably try to find my parents, though, before they died."

"I think I would go back and see my mom, let her know everything that's happened with me and just tell her about my life," Steve said.

"I think I'd probably go back and prevent my mom and dad from being brutally murdered," Marlena spoke nonchalantly.

"And what's a superhero without a tragic backstory?" Scott chuckled to himself.

"At the same time, though, I don't know if I would change anything," Marlena said to him. "Everything that's happened has made me who I am today, and I think I'm finally starting to like that person."

"That person has been through hell, Marlena," Natasha chuckled.

"Exactly," Marlena agreed. She was immediately met with yet another wave of nausea as she opened her mouth to speak again, "And I'm stronger because of it. The only thing that'll likely defeat me is this nausea. Can you please pull over?"

Steve did as she asked. The moment he was stopped, she threw the door open and vomited onto the ground, leaving Scott to watch on in disgust, while Steve and Natasha just exchanged glances with one another in the mirror. She wasn't just carsick, and they knew that better than anyone.

"Okay," Marlena leaned back and shut the car door again, a small smile falling onto her face as she looked over at Steve. "I'm all good now."

"You and I need to talk."

The brunette frowned and crossed her arms over her chest. "Yeah, I know we do," she replied quietly.

Steve took off down the road again, and after five minutes of silence, he finally pulled onto Tony's property. Tony could be seen sitting outside with his daughter Morgan, and the sight warmed Marlena's heart tremendously. She loved little Morgan Stark too much for her own good. Watching her and Tony together reminded her of her time with her kids and how terribly she missed being with them.

After the car was parked, the four of them hopped out. Tony stood up with Morgan in his arms. He looked surprised to see them, but he was glad they were there, nonetheless. He gave Natasha a nod, and together the four of them made their way into Tony's beautiful cabin. It was comfortable and remote, which was perfect for Tony and the family he'd created.

"Want some tea?" Tony called to the group as they walked in. "I make a great honey roasted green tea."

"That sounds really good actually," Marlena said to him.