25. Would you?

Not long after the argument between brothers I laid down and actually fell asleep

   Not long after the argument between brothers I laid down and actually fell asleep. It wasn't the most comfortable but it helped with the constant thumping of my brain. The Aether was growing stronger, the power I had previously felt multiplied. My veins burned almost as if sandpaper filled them. I felt so powerful yet so powerless. I stirred when I felt the wind pick up around me. Opening my eyes I blinked readjusting to the darkness and I could hear Thor say my name. "Malekith," was the only word that left my lips as I stared into the dark and shadow-filled abyss. 

   We got off the ship, Eira and Loki walking slightly ahead of us. Thor had his cloak and arm draped over my shoulders as the wind blew harshly. Ahead of us was the creature I had remembered killing previously. I knew I had killed it yet there it stood before me. Confusion coated my face just as anger filled my veins. "All right, you ready?" Thor asks his eyes flicking from me to his brother and sister in law. 

   "We are," Loki asserts, his voice gruff and filled with the familiar mischief. I watched the group walk forward. "You know this plan of your is going to get us killed right?" Loki looks toward his brother 

   "Possibly," Thor answers and both Loki and Eira turn to the god of thunder with their wrists out. 

   "You still don't trust me, brother?" Loki speaks almost mockingly when Thor pauses. 

   "Would you?" Thor responds with a similar mocking tone. 

   Thor concedes removing their bindings. Eira sighs contently and her hands freeze over with ice. My eyes widen as I realized she was cryokinetic. She gives her husband a smirk and flicks her wrists. Ice daggers form in her hands. "No, I wouldn't," Loki responds as Eira stabs Thor I gasp as he falls down the ditch. The couple follows Thor down. I yell for him running down the ditch "You really think I cared about Frigga? About any of you?" Loki kicks Thor as I approach. "All I ever wanted was you and Odin dead at my feet!" Thor puts his hand out for his hammer but Loki moves quickly before he could, slicing his hand clean off. 

   I make it down landing on my knees next to Thor. Before I could tend to him Eira wraps and arm around my waist holding an ice dagger to my throat. I feel the sharpness of the cool ice against my throat. I breathed heavy and could feel the ice cutting into the delicate skin. The warmth of the little blood that was starting to drip from the sharpness of the blade. I looked at Malekith fearing the worst.