Epilogue

A/N: I don't own FMA. Please read and review! If you want to beta my work please let me know. Enjoy~

She looked out of the window, knowing it would be the last time she would enjoy the view. It had been a month now since she had woken up at a hospital room in Central. Being in one of the rooms on the top floor, she was able to overlook most of the bustling city. There was a knock on the door and Riza looked over to the person entering.

"Hello Riza. Do you remember me?" A tall muscular man walked into the room. He carried his military jacket in one arm and a bouquet of flowers in the other. As instincts kicked in, she quickly saluted the man. "At ease soldier."

"No, I'm sorry. I don't really remember anything." She looked back down at the people running around in central. "There are a few moments where I do dream of someone. But when I wake up their image is erased."

"I'm sure you'll regain all your memories soon. I am Brigadier General Alex Louis Armstrong. Now come along Riza you're already checked out." He ushered her out of the hospital room.

"When do I start back into the military?" She asked him in a monotonous voice. The sun was beginning to set as they walked towards their next destination. Riza wasn't sure where he was taking her nor did she care. All she knew was her name, she was a first lieutenant and she had woken up from a coma recently.

"The war is over Riza. You can do whatever you want from now on." They stopped in front of a two story house and knocked on the door. "There were arrangements for you to stay with an old friend and her daughter."

"Hello Lieutenant Hawkeye and Brigadier General Armstrong. Please come in." A woman with short blond hair led them inside to her living room. A small girl was setting out tea and cookies for their arrival. "My name is Gracia Hughes and this is my daughter Elicia. We want you to feel as comfortable as possible here in your stay."

"We even got a special request for someone special to stay here with you Miss Hawkeye." Elicia smiled at her. "He really missed you."

"Who?" The woman asked. Finally hearing her voice for the first time in a long time, Black Hayate ran from the kitchen to the living room. Excitedly jumping on her, the Shiba Inu licked her until she finally pulled him off. "What's your dog's name?"

"Black Hayate. I gave him to you when he was a puppy. I found him in the middle of a rainstorm." A young man walked into the room with a sad smile. "Do you remember me Lieutenant Hawkeye?"

"No, I don't." Riza answered him. Hayate finally calmed down and rested his head on the blond woman's lap. He gave a somber face before smiling again.

"My name is Kain Fuery. I was the youngest member of 'Team Mustang.' The tech geek of the group." The short man sat next to his commanding officer. At the mention of Mustang the whole room went cold.

"It's been a long day. Rest Riza, tomorrow I'll be by to take you somewhere." Alex got up from his seat and bowed to the women. "The tea was wonderful. Thank you for having me over. I'll see myself out."

"I should get going too." Fuery was close to the door when he turned back around to face Riza. "I had been watching over him while you were hospitalized. He really missed you, we all did Riza. Get better for us, please?"

"Fuery, wait." The blond walked up to the shorter lad. "Can I go visit the team in the office soon?"

"We would love that Riza. When you're ready. But for now, rest for us." Fuery grabbed her hand and squeezed it. "Please Riza, don't come back to the military. The war is over now, live your own life the way you want to."