Chapter Ten: Just Drinks

Not wanting to wait around any longer for someone to find you, you return hastily to the make-up trailer, worrying the whole time. What are you going to say to Taron when he comes back? Are you going to mention him looking at you? Will he mention it? Will it be awkward? Are you totally just making something out of nothing? You don't really think so, but who the hell knows what's going on anymore. Your emotions have been so all over the place lately, you could possibly just be blowing this all out of proportion. 

When you arrive back at the trailer, you start your usual routine of cleaning up and clearing away. Sometimes it seems like you are the only one that cleans up around here. That only takes about thirty minutes or so, then you're left to just wait. After a little while longer, you hear voices approaching the trailer and you freeze, heart in your throat. But it's only Bryce and Gemma (you finally remembered her name), followed by Bruce and Olivia who have been doing their hair and make-up. You have nothing better to do, so you assist with the removal of the women's wigs. You casually ask Bryce if she knows where Taron is, but she simply replies that he is with Dex working on some "things".

"Ok.....", you think to yourself. After another hour when the ladies are done and the other make-up artists have left, you are alone again. You are too wound up to got to Craft Services to eat a late lunch, so you just plop down on the sofa and eat the banana you brought followed by one of the cookies. It's going on 4:00 pm and you are feeling less nervous about your upcoming interaction with Taron and more concerned about where he could've gone to. You decide to pull out your phone and begin scrolling through your emails, when he finally comes through the door. Setting your phone on a nearby counter, you rise to greet him. He looks tired but content. And happy.

"Hey", you say softly. When he sees you, a wide grin stretches across his face and he glances around the room making sure no one else is around. Then he crosses over to you, and without saying a word, he pulls you into a warm embrace. You are stunned for a moment, but feeling the warmth of his body against yours, you melt into him. His strong arms are around you and his palms are pressed firmly against your back, pulling you close. You can feel the afternoon stubble of his chin brushing against your neck and the sensation makes you tingle all over.

"Thank you", he mumbles against your shoulder.

"For what?" You ask and take this moment to pull away slightly. You lean back to look up into his face but he doesn't release you. Your hands are still on his shoulders as he looks deep into your eyes.

"For being there today. You have no idea how much that meant to me." His eyes are gleaming. "Dex said it was the best scene we've shot so far. We only did that one take." He finally lets go of you and you do the same as you look at your watch.

"Then where have you been?" And then, looking him over, "And where is your wig...and your make-up?" You are just now realizing that he looks like himself, not Elton, and you weren't the one that did it.

"Oh, I was talking to Dex about some upcoming scenes and then we had to do some costume fittings. Lizzie was there so she took care of my hair and make-up", he says matter-of-factly. You are a little disappointed for some reason.

"Oh...", you trail off.

"I would have texted you, but I left my phone in my trailer", he says apologetically. "I'm sorry I made you wait."

"No worries, I was just wondering where you had gone to", you say smiling shyly up at him. Is he going to mention what happened on the set today?

"Well anyway, I don't know about you, but I'm emotionally exhausted", he says rubbing the back of his neck. "I just really wanted you to know how much I appreciated you being there today. I know it wasn't easy." You are about to say "you're welcome" when he pulls you back against him for another hug. You know how affectionate he is, but this seems a bit...excessive? He pulls back quicker this time, but continues to hold onto you. He's gazing down into your eyes and a look passes over his face. You know this look. It's the same look he gave you the other night when he took you home after sneaking onto the L.A. set. It's a look of conflict and questioning. He searches your face as if hoping to find the answer there. Something about the way his head is angled toward yours and the intense color of his eyes as they stare at you gives you butterflies. You are focused just as deeply on his eyes as you say his name quietly.