Chapter 18: His Concern

Mumbai

Manvi's idea worked thus, the month sales has been increased. The staff appreciated her and congratulated her.

Virat saw this from his cabin, he thought "itna kaam karwaunga ki khud job chodke jayegi"

It is the face, whenever female gets more appreciation male ego gets crushed. In the evening, everyone began to leave.

Manvi stood up, Virat came to her desk and placed files on her table "incomplete hai.. Ahana chodke gayi thi ab uski jagah aayi ho toh complete karo.. And tomorrow morning I want them on my desk" he ordered.

"Ghar jaake

"Ghar jaake.. Kar lungi" she replied.

"Yahi karo.." he said coyly.

Manvi sighed, she sat down and mumurmed "Sadu kahike.. Nahi zulmi boss"

He had left for home, she sighed.. "Huh.. ab toh main bhi ye khatam kiye bina jaane nahi waali.. Ego toh mujhmei bhi hai"

She began working, she needed some reference

She began working, she needed some reference. She stood up and moved to the file room. The guard came to check and found none around. He turned off the lights and locked the main door.

The lights gets off, Manvi was confused she took her phone and used the flash light of it. Finally she found the file, she came out and saw all darkness.

"Ye lights ko kya hua??"

She tried to locate the switch board but could not find it. Her phone turned off, the battery was dead. She crushed the phone "isko bhi abhi dead hona tha"

She went to the main door and knocked it.. "Koi hai bahar?? I am inside.. Hello"

At home, Virat could sleep. He was feeling he had done wrong. He should not have left her alone in the office. He stood up and looked at the time it was 1 am, Manvi should have returned.

He moved up picking up his phone and kept on calling her but her phone was switched off.

He decided to check himself, he rushed out taking the car keys. He unlocked the car, set in and dozed towards office as he recalled an incident.