My True Purpose

Ever since I was young, I was told that I was special. That I was unique. That I was loved and wanted by millions of people. But...I always wondered, what is my true purpose?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Even up until today, I still remember the feeling I had when I was first born. When I first came into this world, the first living being I saw was my mother. She stared at me, looking to make sure I was alright. She had two leaves for ears, and one in a weird shape on her forehead. She licked my head as I leaned into her touch. I scooted closer to her, feeling the warmth of her body.

As I was about to drift back into my slumber, I felt another touch on my right paw. I opened my eyes once again and saw another living being. I have come to known that this was my elder sister. She stared at me like I was some sort of alien. She closed her eyes, and I thought that she was sleeping. I got up from my mothers warmth and nudged her with my head. She opened her eyes, which now glowed a light blue colour.

Suddenly, I was lifted off the ground as I squirmed around, frightened. My mother called out angrily, as I was brought back to the ground. I immediately ran to my mother, glad to feel her warmth again. She licked my head, as I grew tired slowly.

Before I knew it, I had fallen asleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Look Daddy! This Eevee looks weird!"

I was awoken by the sound of a little girl screaming loudly. 'Eevee?' I wondered. 'What's an Eevee?' She looked excited. I, however, could not understand her excitement. She ran to a man, who was picking some Oran Berries from a nearby bush. He dropped the Oran Berries into a basket and followed her, curiosity and disbelief quite evident on his face.

As soon as he saw me, his expression changed from disbelief to shock. He squatted down to have a closer look at me. He was about to pet my head, when suddenly my mother growled lowly at him. He immediately retracted his hand, frowning slightly at the sight of my mother. He went closer to me, taking a Sitrus Berry from his pocket and showing it to me. The smell of the berry was hard to resist, and slowly I felt myself losing control as temptation got the better of me. Step by step I got closer to the man, sniffing at the berry as he smiled.

My mother however, did not approve of this as she grabbed me by my neck and brought me closer into the hole of tree. My home. She opened her mouth, and a green sphere appeared in front of her mouth. The man cursed under his breath, as he took out a red and white ball from his other pocket. He threw it to the ground, and from inside of the weird ball appeared a small living being--a pokemon. It barked as flames came out from its mouth.

"Growlithe, use Ember!"

The pokemon, whose name was Growlithe, shot a small ball of fire from its mouth towards my mother. My mother was quick to react, and she moved out of the way. She suddenly ran with super speed, knocking the Growlithe a few feet back. The leaf on her forehead then expanded, as she charged towards the Growlithe.

"Use Fire Fang!"

The Growlithe also charged towards my mother, its fangs burned with fire. It bit my mother on her left leg, as my mother screamed in pain. My sister, who had been out hunting for food, heard the cry and came to my mothers' rescue. She levitated the Growlithe, tossing it into a nearby tree. The Growlithe slid down the tree, its eyes had been replaced with swirls.

The man grumbled, taking out the ball and pointing it the direction of the Growlithe. A red beam came out from the center of it, as Growlithe suddenly disappeared. The man took the hand of the little girl, dragging her away. She was reluctant to leave, but after taking one final glance at me and her father, she obliged.