Chapter Three

Lauren was curled up in a ball on her bed, tears streaming down her cheeks, searing against her pain.

Billy on the other hand, was in his room with his new best friend from school, Callum.
"Hey, Billy," Callum started.
"Yeah?" Billy replied, cocking his head to one side and pausing the movie.
"I was wondering if...you disliked gays or anything like that." Callum thought aloud, bowing his head with the awkward silence that followed.
"I don't think I dislike them, but I've never particularly met one either." Billy honestly replied.
"Well I hope you don't mind me saying, but I'm...."
"If you're gay that's totally fine Callum." Billy interrupted, beaming with a smile spread across his face.
"Cool!" Callum shouted.
The resumed the movie and by the end of their marathon, had clambered into bed, snuggling up with each other.

The sun barely hit the ground when Lauren woke up. She could hear something, a strange something. She flung the bed sheets off of her warm body, and slowly rose to her feet. Glancing around the room, Lauren saw not much out of the ordinary; except for one thing.
Her wardrobe door was slightly ajar.
Hesitantly, Lauren shuffled towards it, slowly bringing her hand up to the door's handle. Her hand grasped the brass ball and she yanked the door open.

Scratches up and down the walls and inside of the door shined at her. A red material was used to write and draw markings on the was that she didn't understand. Her clothes were on the wardrobe's floor, ripped to shreds until they were confetti like.
Lauren gasped, feeling a scream climbing in her throat, she bellowed for her father.
Adam rushed in, still in his sleeping boxers.
"What the-" He stopped, after she pointed to the wardrobe. Walking closer, Adam touched one of the doors, breathing heavily.
A crackling sound broke their silence they both looked around their feet, at each other.
Lauren, whimpered and looked up at the roof, glaring and following a trail that lead to the window. As Lauren's eyes reached the window, only a black piece of torn clothing swaying up and out of the room, that was all she managed to see.

As you all know, nobody believes me when I say it. But there was something in that house. Those accidents... they weren't accidents. They were attempts.

Someone kept whispering into Lauren's ear. But she was too afraid to open her eyes.
Something was lurking, and it was after her.