03

For long you live and high you fly

And smile you'll give and tears you'll cry

And all you touch and all you see

Is all your life will ever be. -Breathe, Pink Floyd.

Someone yelling "S'MORESSSSSSS!" was the last way Luke wanted to wake up from his nap, but he did and he wasn't too happy about it.

"Shut up." he groaned and threw a pillow at the source.

"You made me drop my s'more." A delicate voice said, causing Luke to look up. Luke melted at the sad look on Ashton's face, wishing that he wasn't the reason for it.

"Shit." Luke muttered and jumped from the top bunk.

"Do you need another one? I'll make you another one. Please tell me you aren't sad. I'm sorry Ash-Ashton." Luke pleaded to the younger boy. Dang, that was really desperate, Luke thought as he cringed internally.

"No, no it's fine. Just promise you'll come with me to the fire and make one?" Ashton's lip jutted out like a little kids'.

Luke couldn't say no; so now he was at a campfire with smoke blowing directly in his face for Ashton.

Luke smiled at the way Ashton's face lit up as he took the first bite of a s'more.
"You promised to make one." Ashton said through a mouthful of marshmallow.He nodded and stuck a marshmallow in the fire.

After unsuccessfully burning the marshmallow multiple times Ashton took over for him. Handing Luke the s'more, Ashton took another bite of his.
----
The next morning everyone was woken up by the 'voice of camp' singing "Good morning, good morning, time to rise and shine today." Repeatedly over the speakers. After a couple minutes of the singing, he announced "You have 30 minutes to get ready and arrive at the flag pole. Go go go!"

Luke kind of flopped out of bed and to the bathroom to take a shower. On the other hand, Ashton was practically bouncing to the bathroom; eager to start the day.

After everyone was ready and arrived at the flag pole, a counselor began to announce today's activities.

"After I am done talking, we will go to the chapel for morning devotion. Then we will go to the dining hall for breakfast, green will have dish duty. The rest of the chores for this week will be posted after breakfast. Free time is after for two hours, lunch will take place blue with dish duty, and then you will have a choice to go tubing, swimming, or staying and watching a movie. Dinner and then we will go from there. Any questions?" No body raised their hands so the counselor dismissed them to the chapel.

The two boys and three girls ambled loudly into the dining hall, eager to receive the breakfast food. Nicole and Emily nonchalantly held hands as they stood in line, careful to not get caught. They were caught the first day, but only warned because they didn't know the rules yet apparently.

Egg casserole was piled inattentively onto each campers plates as they hurried through the line to their seats.
Prayer was finished and everyone was mindlessly chatting about nothing in particular.

Ashton left to the bathroom to do manly things, and when he came back he was greeted with "FOOD FIGHT!!" Oh no, he thought. He recognized that voice, it was the unmistakable Adelaide accent of Nicole.

Ashton scurried across the room to his table with his arms over his head as protectant from the food.

Nicole aggressively threw the egg casserole across the room, ducking when some was thrown back at her.
The food fight was ended faster than it started as the counselors wrangled the food flinging delinquents out of the dining hall.

"What you did back there was not ok." The counselor, Megan said sternly.

Nicole looked down with a small hint of regret in her eyes, excitement otherwise.

"I need to know your names." Megan looked at the culprits.

"Nicole Babcock."

"Jacob Kindwealth."

"Lana Norris."

"Sasha Haksveer."

"Ok. Um, first of all, you are going to need to clean the dining hall. And today instead of doing the activities and stuff, you will have to clean the grounds and buildings after free time." Everyone nodded in understanding as Megan ordered them to go inside and finish eating.
-_-_-_-
Guys I'm so sorry it took so long and was quite short! I'm sorry! I am trying to update more frequently but my life isn't helping that matter. I'm sorry, love you guys.
E.xx

6 votes, 5 comments?