Dylan was barely listening, he was staring at her, hating that he was so mesmerised by her, but also enjoying her anger, the sparkle in her eyes. That was what sealed the deal, completed her perfection.

When he didn’t answer she punched him in the chest again, and that was all the provocation he needed, “I told you - sometimes I need you...get used to it.”

Then he planted his lips firmly on hers. And as he hoped her protests died with her anger. As his lips persuaded hers she took over, devouring him with a hunger that surprised him, surprised but pleased. Not that he was any calmer himself; he felt the heat rise in his body at every flick of her tongue, every nip of her teeth.

                “Matilda,” he finally gasped against her lips as his hand started to reach for the tie of her robe. It yielded easily and the thick towelling parted. She gasped as his hand touched her bare stomach, smooth, soft skin, still chilled from her dip in the pool, and Dylan felt his stomach lurch in desire. The murmur of pleasure against his lips was as intoxicating as her skin, as the smell of her. But a voice in his head was trying to remind him that he had wanted the next move to be hers, he needed to know this was what she wanted, that he wasn’t coercing her. Because he now knew that he wanted everything, not today, not tomorrow...forever.

Lifting his head, he separated their lips, then reached to close her robe, the temptation to flick it off her shoulders, to devour all of her almost won out, but he had to keep thinking of the bigger picture.

Seeing her dazed and confused face, he ran his thumb over her lips, “you need to go back.”

Dylan knew the moment that everything came into focus for her, that relaxed look of pleasure turned to a frown and she pushed him away in anger.

                “Matilda,” he called out as she tried to run away. “Don’t think I don’t want this...don’t want you...I just don’t know if it’s what you really want.”

She paused at the door and turned to stare at him with a scowl and he laughed, “what I wouldn’t give to...” He let that comment hang between them, because he didn’t think he could vocalise exactly what he did want.

Her response was the door slamming behind her.

Hours later as they paraded around the room using the hotel provided tokens to both buy drinks and play roulette at the casino tables set up in the theme decorated boardroom, Mattie couldn’t get Dylan out of her mind, she was aware that she was bringing the mood down with her, and she was trying desperately to not be affected by him, but that was always a battle she would lose.

                “You ok?” Sarah sidled up to her at the black jack table, “you’ve been quiet this afternoon.”

Mattie rolled her eyes then readjusted the floor length dress that she’d selected for the night. She’d presumed she’d feel a million dollars in it, instead, she felt awkward. But she knew that was her mood not the fineries she was dressed in.

                “Fine, sorry, am I dragging the mood down?”

Sarah shook her head, “he was wrong to drag you from the pool, but we all know what a cantankerous old bastard the Major is...and he will only REALLY take telling from you.” Mattie looked up at Sarah, and as she sighed her friend grinned, “ask yourself WHY he wanted you to help, WHY he’s walking around like a doe eyed puppy, and WHY he can’t deal with mundane everyday things without you. He’s got it bad Mattie, every time he’s in the same room as you he can’t see or hear anything else...cos he’s constantly looking at you. If you don’t like him tell him, let him get on with his life,” she gave a little laugh, “but both me and you know that’s not the case. So what are you waiting for?”