number five.

ezra.

"finally!" i exclaim and stretch my body out on my bed. i finally finished my homework after working on it for three hours. the teachers always give people like me more work while the other students, who are white, get less homework.

i started my homework as soon as i got home at 3:30pm so that means its now 6pm. i've gotten hungry about twenty minutes ago but i didn't get up to get something to eat, considering the fact that if i did i wont be able to continue my homework because i'll get sidetracked by something else far more interesting.

i gathered up my completed homework and set it in my backpack so i wont have to worry about forgetting it so early in the morning. i walked to the kitchen to get me a snack to heal my hunger. i open the cabinet and grab the red Doritos i was completely obsessed with. i took the clip off the bag and un-crumbled it, i began eating as i leaned against the counter.

i stared at the floor as my mind began to wonder. i was deep in thought, i went back to the time in the junkyard. if it wasn't for that guy i could be dead right now, no one would have found me. it terrifies me. i'm very grateful for the man who saved me. i just want to know if he really cared for me or just didn't want to get his friends and brother in too much trouble. though it wouldn't be that bad for them, nothing is really that bad for a bunch of white kids.

i shook my head and went back to my room with the bag of Doritos. i plopped down on my bed and picked up my phone. i had a text from my best friend from my old school, tina. we helped each other a lot through the years, if we didn't have each other who knows where we'd be now.

the text read: hey, just checking in. i hope your doing good at your new school. if anyone gives you a tough time give me a call and i'll be there quick to beat some hoes 😤

i chuckle at the text.

hi babe, i'm doing good. its been pretty rough but when isn't it? a few days ago a kid helped me when i was getting harassed, but when i thanked him he immediately went back to being a racist pig so? idk i just wish you were here, how are you doing? :/

i'm doing okay, as good as it gets. mark and john got suspended for threatening these two kids at lunch. other than that nothing has really gone on. you should come back, things are calmer here

maybe its calm because i'm not there

no, after you left it got worse. recently its been getting better though

i don't know
anyway, i have to get some rest. i spent three whole hours studying, i'll talk to you later okay?

okay, love you 💞

love you too bb 💘

i sighed and toss my phone at the end of my bed. i closes the bag of Doritos and set it at the side of my bed. i laid down under my blanket and closed my eyes, falling asleep in just a few minutes.

____
IM SO SORRY THIS IS SHORT.
this wasn't what i had planned for chapter five, i had a longer and better chapter planned but i felt like i had to post as soon as possible so i quickly wrote this. i'm sorry for not posting, especially since i said i would. i feel so bad for letting you guys down and i hope you can forgive me. i love you.

— novia