The sarcasm really adds to the mission.

"You know I can move things with my mind right?" Wanda says in a sassy tone.

"Looking over your shoulder needs to become second nature," Natasha adds a mini lesson for the day.

"Anyone ever tell you you're a little paranoid?" Sam scoffs.

"Not to my face, why? Did you hear something?"

"Eyes on target folks. This is the best lead we've had on Rumlow for six months. I don't want to lose him," I keep the team focused.

"If he sees us coming that won't be a problem. He kinda hates us," Sam laughs off his near death experience.

"Sam's right. Rumlow will come after you the second he sees your face, Cap. He thinks you're a disease. Hydra and all," Natalie says and I can see her shrug.

I would've said something, but something else caught my attention.

"Sam, you see that garbage truck? Tag it."

It's too full and it doesn't to be in a hurry. It's obviously a cover for something.

"Yeah, that truck's loaded for max weight and the driver's armed," Sam informed.

"This is an easy fix, yes? Just let me - "

"No, Pietro," Natalie doesn't even let him finish.

"Not yet. We need to let things flow," she instructs.

"Since when is she in charge?" Pietro pouts.

"Since she saved your life," Bucky snaps back and a series of chuckles is heard over coms, including my own.

"What do we do then, Fangirl? The truck is a battering ram," Natasha says into her cup trying not to stress.

"Do what we discussed. Move out," I order.

Natalie's POV

"Bucky now!" I shout.

Bucky charges out into the street and truck starts to swerve. I push the guard out of the laboratory entrance gate to get him to safety.

The truck driver clearly sees the Winter Soldier and panics. The truck stops and Bucky puts on his mean face. The driver got out of the vehicle with his gun and starts to fire at Bucky. Luckily, he blocks every bullet with the metal arm.

In group training, I've learned I've become very skilled with a staff. I think it's pretty rad. Part of me is letting myself believe that I'm the Canary of the MCU.

The driver sees me approach him from behind Bucky and changes his aim of fire. I run towards him and swing the staff. It hits him clean across the jaw and he holds his face in pain.

I go up to him and knee him in the stomach and spin him around into a choke hold. It all felt like muscle memory as if I had learned it before. It's like former me was kind of badass.

"Your form is off," Bucky points out with a smirk.

"Excuse me. I'm learning. I don't need your negativity," I say and he goes back to what he's doing.

I look back at the man in my arms and for some reason got angry. Really angry. I squeeze his throat until he is gasping for air. I place my hand on his neck as if I was about to twist. I lose my train of thought and then Bucky shakes me back to reality.

"Natalie! What are thinking!?" He shouts.

I give him a confused look and look down at my feet. A man completely motionless lays on the ground.