Rollercoaster of Emotions

Hi, 

yes it's been a long time.

yes I know.

Yes I wasn't consistent, but better late than never right?

Here is another chapter.

Enjoy. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am nearly at my whits end, my head is pounding and the bright extravagance of the room are all adding to the already agonizing night. This prince had a very chatty mouth, one that could be his downfall if he isn't careful, but that's none of my concern. This is about the hundredth time that i've rolled my eyes with his constant bragging. I feel like a whole hour has been wasted listening to his "war" stories, which in my opinion, more than likely didn't happen due to his bougie nature. "And here see, my ghastly wound from a lion that I killed with my bare hands! I was the only one to subdue the beast with my strength from Hercules himself!" Prince Alexander exclaimed while lifting a piece of his chiton off his shoulder. I didn't even bother to try and inspect his battle scar, due to that possibly opening myself up to more conversation. The slight buzz from earlier is already coming down by his constant nagging and it was beginning the irritation was beginning to show on my face.

Going back to the task at hand i've been going over countless plans to follow that mysterious solider, but there are constant eyes on me. Heck, after receiving the royal treatment for this celebration, I don't doubt that they would have someone watch me use the dang toilet. Now I have to place most of my efforts into being polite to this arrogant prick, that seems like my best bet. Setting my plan in motion I placed my cup down beside the stand before I turned my body back towards him. "Prince Alexander", I'd barely spoken before the prince interrupted me. "I would like for you to call me Alex, Athena" he smirked. I clenched my teeth together in a tight smile. This guy. I let out a small breath of frustration before proceeding with conversation. Completely ignoring him I went straight to the point, "well Prince Alexander I really need to use the bathroom so if you could please point me in the direction that would be very helpful. Also I would like to use it on my own." grinning with my fake watt smile. The prince's face had slight confusion while trying to decipher my question.

I looked back with the same type of confusion, does he not understand? "I mean I need to go potty, like to use the restroom", I explained. Still the prince looked as if he didn't understand what I was saying. My annoyance levels began to rise as I tried to figure out another way to explain myself. At this point I just give up, "I need to go somewhere by myself to pee. To just pee in a bathroom" I sputtered. The prince's oh so confused face suddenly morphed into a full grown smile, along with a charming chuckle to go with. "I know Athena what you were asking, just wanted to humor you. You are quite beautiful when you're flushed like that," the prince claimed. Keeping my hands by my side, I held onto the material of my dress trying to refrain from slapping him into next week. This idiot is seriously going to make me catch a murder case if I have to keep dealing with this. "Yes well, are you going to get someone to take me there?" I asked. The prince continued to smile, "Yes of course, servant come!" the prince shouted. I tried to not to flinch from already having to hear the constant shouting and music.

A small timid girl who looked about 13 years old came scurrying from the side of the throne, she wore a fairly simple garment with her hair pulled into a neat bun. She had cute dimples in the grove of her cheeks and a small button nose. In other words, really cute. "Yes your highness," she exclaimed softly. She looked so scared I felt bad for the girl, having to endure the prince's attitude and ego complex. I shuddered at how I would have to hang around him for another hour of his ranting. The shy girl immediately turned to me keeping her eyes down, while silently telling me to follow her. Not wanting to waste any time, I quickly stood from my seat to follow her. As I proceed down the stairs to the main floor, I felt a firm grip on my arm. The sudden grip caused a slight pinch on my skin from the jewelry that was adorning my arm. Following the arm that was restraining me, I looked up only to find the face of the prince. With another one of his charming smiles, the prince took my arm wrapping it into his own. "Please, let me at least escort you down the stairs kallos".", he spoke.