Promise?

WARNING THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS FORMS OF ABUSE  AND RAPE PLEASE PROCEED WITH CAUTION!!

Chloe's POV:

I barge into Rachel's room ramming into the masked man who is on top of Rachel touching all over her. I rip the mask off the man to see Rachel's father staring at me. No fucking way. This fucker is gonna pay. I beat his face in one punch after the other. I grab Rachel's Globe and hit him repeatedly as hard as I can with it. As I feel his hand make his way to my shirt I grab my pocket knife and stab his hand repeatedly and the next. Slowly, he goes unconscious.

I run over to Rachel, tears streaming down both our faces. 

"R-Rachel!?" I say pulling her into a tight embrace. She doesn't reply. I slowly let go.

"R-R-Rachel-..?" I say worried like mad. I hear the front door open and someone come up the stairs slowly into Rachel's room. It's Rose. I can just hear her gasp.

"CALL AN AMBULANCE NOW!!!" I shout at her and she runs down the stairs to get her phone. I hear her call 911.

I look around Rachel's body. There's bruises everywhere and I mean everywhere. She has marks in a few places too. Her shirt is off and her pants. I shiver with anger. The sick fucker will pay for this. I gently pick her up and take her downstairs to rose and lay her on the sofa. I look over to Rose who hangs up the phone.

"I-I-Is she okay!? What happened!?" She asks me.

"I-I-I'm not sure. It seems as if James tried to rape her. Her clothes were on the floor and when I entered James was on top of her, pinning her down touching her all over. I hear Rose gag in the background. I can't keep my eyes off of Rachel. I see her eyes close. 

"R-R-RACHEL!?" I scream. Rose rushes over to my side quickly and listens for her heart beat.

"S-She's okay she just passed out. She's been beaten so she's probably tired. Luckily you got here just as it started." Rose tells me, shaking.

"H-How do you know I got here when it started?" I ask still crying a bit but calming down.

"The bruises seem to be fresh. He must have beaten her a little bit then-... you know moved on.." Rose says shivering.

"I'm gonna get her clothes" I say not wanting to look at the bruises anymore than I already had.

"Good idea, dear. I'll come with you so I can lock James in a room incase he wakes up" She tells me

"No! Someone has to stay here and look after Rachel until the police and ambulance get here!" I tell her

"T-Then I'll go up. I'll be down soon" She says rushing up the stairs. Soon she rushes down with her clothes then back up again. I dress her carefully making sure to not touch many of the bruises. Then I pick her up and I sit down on the sofa, holding her. 

"It'll be okay, Rach.. I'm here.." I say kissing the top of her head. Why? Why of all people did this happen to her!? She doesn't deserve this. Why wasn't I here.. 

Soon the cops and ambulance arrive and take James and Rachel away. Luckily they let me and Rose come with them. When we get to the hospital they tell us to wait in the waiting room. I start breaking down. Rose holds me but it's not enough. Why wasn't I there.. Why didn't I help her when she needed it.. This is all my fault I should have stayed with her..

"It's not your fault dear. You have to stay strong. For her. For Rachel." She tells me as she holds me tighter. I sniff.

"Y-Y-Yeah your right. I just feel like I should have been there!" I tell her my breath shaking.