He raised his eyebrows, "I wanted to introduce you to my son, you're going to be watching him after all," he scoffed taking a seat on the couch. He looked down and smiled, "ooh, the shits reclines."
He popped up the handle and sat back comfortably.
"Excuse me? What are you doing?" I asked edging towards him arms crossed.
He shut his eyes smiling, intertwining his fingers, "it's not like you're not going to be seeing a lot of me, I'm just making myself at home. I scoffed, and looked towards his son, he looked at me and smiled.
Shit.
He's so adorable.
Big brown eyes and long lashes like his father.
"Hey kiddo," I began to see crouching down to his height, "You hungry or thirsty? I got some juice and some chips."
His eyes widened, "that sounds nice," he said puckering his lips.
I smiled, "do you mind if I talk to daddy? I could put on some tv for you in the room? If it's okay with you."
He shrugged, "yeah it's okay."
"Thank you," I said softly gripping his shoulder.
"Come on buddy."
"It's Casper," he said flatly.
"Casper?" I murmured.
"Yeah..." he said cocking his head to the side looking at me strangely.
"Why don't they call you little Spooky?" I asked.
He frowned and Oscar laughed, "because I-I don't scare people, I'm not spooky. I'm nice, like Casper."
I grinned, "well that is a clever name Casper."
I turned to Oscar, who was staring at the both of us with a big goofy smile.
I need to talk to him.
"Let's get you those snacks and juice Casper," I said walking to the kitchen. We went to the bedroom and I put on some Netflix, "I'll just be real quick sweetie."
He smiled again, "You're so nice."
Aw.
I winked at him, and walked back out towards the living room.
"Oscar?"
"Yeah?" He said turning towards me.
"Look... I know, I know I said that I'd watch the kids for y'all. But after what happened..." I began to say.
"Let me stop you there," he stated shutting the reclining seat loudly.
"That's been taken care of and so is your car."
"What...how?"
"That's not important," he said walking towards me.
We were a few inches from each other, he was so close. "You'll have your car back today, I'll even drop it off to you, but there's a reason why I brought Alejandro here, I want him to get to know you."
I took in a deep breath, "thank you."
He raised his eyebrows surprised, "you always apologize so easily?"
"Yes.." I replied sternly, "especially when I know I'm in the wrong."
I ran my fingers through my hair gathering the courage to look him in the eye, "I'm sorry for putting my hands on you, and acting out that way. It's not like YOU flattened my tires..."
"Continue," he smirked.
I raised my head higher, "I was upset, again I'm sorry."
He looked down at the floor nodding, "appreciate that."
"Your son is very adorable, I'll take very good care of him," I replied looking back towards the room.
Oh yeah, we're done talking.
"Hold on," I said walking towards where Alejandro was.
"Wait," he spoke firmly gripping a hold of my wrist pulling me back.
I turned stunned," Yeah?" I asked questioningly.
He leaned in, his hand growing firmer, suddenly wrapping his fingers around my hand.
My breath caught, why is he looking at me like this?
"I got to tell you something," he started to say.
"Shoot," I said.
He leaned closer.
My eyes widened.

Then there was a sudden knock at the door.

My eyes furrowed in confusion, I wasn't expecting anyone, then again I wasn't expecting Spooky either.

I glanced at him, his jaw was clenched as he stared towards the door. His hand fell from mine and he walked towards the living room.

Just then Casper suddenly bursted out of the room, "They're here! They're here!" He shouted.

"Who's here?" I asked.

He just looked up at me and smiled, "hurry and open the door!" He yelled jumping up and down. Spooky chuckled from the couch, "Okay, okay bud," I said.