Chapter 2

Kakashi cautiously set the contents of the parcel, which was an outfit, on the springy bed beside the girl, but held the letter in his hand.

"Would you like me to read this to you?" He asked, waving the letter once at Yuma, who was staring at the pile of clothes longingly.

"Yes." She nodded.

"Dear Yuma, I'm sorry I couldn't be there in person, please do not attack Kakashi." Kakashi paused, blinking in surprise at the letter.

"Okay grampa..." Muttered Yuma. "I won't kill him then, not yet."

Ignoring the chill in his spine, Kakashi continued: "I'm having him release you from the asylum-"

Yuma giggled, shaking her head and saying, "Silly grampa, I told you it's a loony bin, not an asilium."

"-you are to behave for Kakashi as he brings you to me, and mustn't kill anyone. I hope to see you soon, and hope you like the clothes I got you. Love, Sarutobi." Kakashi finished.

He signed with his actual name, he thought, looking at the note. Just how close is he to this girl?

"I'll behave grampa," muttered Yuma, bringing Kakashi's attention to her. She was grinning widely, rocking her head back and forth, as if hearing a tune that he could not. It was creepy, unsettling even.

"I'm... I'm going to take that jacket off..." Said Kakashi hesitantly. "So you can get dressed, alright? And you'll be a good girl, won't you?"

Yuma nodded with a giggle, almost singing, "Yes Baaaaaaakashi~!"

Kakashi, walking slowly and watching her actions closely, crossed to her and removed the straight jacket.

Just as she said, Yuma did not act out, but went to observe her clothes: black leggings with spiderweb designs; a red, over the shoulder mid-thigh length dress with a black spider printed on the front; black ninja sandals; a fishnet shirt; and bandage wrappings.

"Thank you grampa," she smiled, hugging the shirt to her person.

Kakashi pulled his book from the breast pocket of his vest and leaned against the wall as he began reading to give her some privacy as she changed, though he kept his senses on alert.

"So," he began after a while. "What did you do to end up in here?"

He heard her giggle before answering.

"I murdered my entire village!" She said brightly. Kakashi went rigid.

"What?" He asked incredulously, not yet looking at her since the rustling of fabric told him she was still dressing.

"Killed them all," Yuma said, a smile evident in her voice. "Slaughtered them and set fire to the entire thing. It was so wonderful! All that blood on the ground, illuminated by the flames, and the musicality of their shrieks. It was beautiful!"

Kakashi could no longer read the words in his book, though his wide eye was glued to the page.

"I dream about it every night, when I sleep, that is!" Continued Yuma, as though what she had done was the best thing in the world. "The best one was my father. I tore out his intestines and hung him with them right at the porch, while he was alive of course. I had to be the last thing he saw before he went bye bye. He had to be afraid. The most disappointing was probably the doctor. He wouldn't scream no matter what I did. It made me angry, so I accidentally killed him quickly."

"Why?" Kakashi asked, looking at her with a glare.

Yet she, now dressed, just smiled, an incredibly sweet and innocent smile.

"Because I wanted to," she said, in a completely satisfied tone. "It was fun!"

Fun? Thought Kakashi, almost trembling with rage. Fun?! How could she do that?! And an entire village by herself?! What is Lord Hokage thinking?!

Yuma suddenly giggled.

"You're angry!" She said gleefully. "You're really, truly angry! Grampa looked like that too."

Kakashi notice that, as she mentioned Lord Hokage, her expression softened ever so slightly.

"He was angry with me, and scolded me terribly. He's a good person. And you're angry, you know what I did was wrong. You're a good person too."

For a moment, Kakashi was stunned into silence, wondering whether or not this girl was truly sick in the head as she admitted it was wrong. However, his doubt on her insanity was instantly blown away as a large, happy grin covered her face.

"It was amazing though," she giggled. "The most fun I've ever had!"