Nick sighed but knew better than to try talking his father out of it. This was his father being generous, so he was going to take it as it was. 

"Fine, but I will make sure you won't ever have a chance to even lay a finger on him. I will tame him." 

His father scoffed a waved a dismissing hand. "Tame Seven? I'd like to see that play out." 

"Watch me," Nick snapped before ascending from his seat and marching back upstairs. He slammed the basement door shut as his father erupted in raucous laughter. 

The store above was quiet, too quiet that it was concerning. Nick hurried into the kitchen and expected to see Leo gone but to his surprise, the hacker was silently snoozing on the table with his head hidden behind his arms. The bowl of miso was emptied clean and there were no trances of any remaining crumbs from the sandwiches. Nick smiled to himself and leaned down to pat Leo's back gingerly. 

"Hey." 

"Hmphh," he mumbled.

"Come on, I'll take you to bed." 

"I don't want to sleep with you," he slurred and whacked his hand away. 

"You won't. I'll be on the couch. You can have the nice, comfy bed. It's much better than the table, I promise." 

"I don't wanna get up," he whined. 

"I'll carry you." 

"Don't touch me," Leo said loudly before Nick could even think about picking him up. 

"Leo," Nick said firmly, putting a little power in his voice to assert dominance. Leo flinched and peeked up at him with hooded eyes. He blinked tiredly a few times before muttering a quick, "fine."

Leo, with an unhappy grunt, got up from his chair before following Nick to the farther end of the bookstore, where the lights were a lot less bright and bookshelves were sparse. It reminded him of the way a forest blends into a clearing. 

"This is my room for when I don't want to make the effort to go home, but it's yours for tonight." Nick pushed the door open and gestured for Leo to enter. Like the rest of the bookstore, it was cozy and warm. The walls matched the neutral and wooden elements as the rest of the house. Although it was cramped than what he was usually used to, there was enough room for a bed, desk and a small bookshelf. The small window was set high on the wall so that the sunlight could bleed into the whole room in the morning. 

Leo raised his eyebrows. "You don't sleep on a futon?" 

"I had to have my room fulfil my foreigner tastes," he joked. "I can request to have a futon in your room at my place if you'd like." 

"Sick. I have a say in what my prison will look like?" 

Nick dropped his playful attitude and sharpened his gaze as he pressed a form finger against Leo's chest, making him back into the door with a light thud. Leo's breath caught in his breath. Although he wasn't touching him skin to skin, it was already too much for him. His body seemed to enjoy acting on its own now: his heart sped up and he could feel heat reaching his face once again. Leo's breath caught in his throat. His fingers tipped pressed against the door behind him as if struggling to find more space to back into. His body and soul yearned for him, and he really wish they didn't. It made moments like this difficult for him. 

"I am not confining you. I want you to feel at home." 

"This isn't my home," Leo answered tiredly and let his head droop forward. 

"I am home." 

"No, you're really not." He swallowed. He didn't wan to admit that his alpha was speaking the truth. They could probably be stranded on a jungle island being hunted by animals and he would still feel safe if he were with him. 

"Must I really repeat this over and over again for you to remember? You are mine. I take what is mine. You belong to me-" 

"Please, I just want to sleep. I don't want to argue about this anymore, okay? So can you please leave me alone now? Unless you insist on hopping in bed with me to do something... weird," Leo said as he ran his fingers through his black locks, exasperated. Nick was making a face, so he continued. "Please? I already know you won't leave me alone for the next few weeks, months, or possibly years. I need space. Can't you do that for me? Please?" 

Nick stared at him long and hard, reading his eyes and face as if trying to find any hint of anything suspicious. To Leo's luck, he didn't. 

"Okay." 

Leo sighed and turned to walk into the room but was stopped when Nick wrapped a finger around his thin wrists and pulled him book to look at him again. The hacker flinched at the direct skin contact. It was getting worse: the need, the want, the desire. It was like an emotional erection in the soul that just wouldn't die down. 

"I am being extremely care-free about this, and I hope you won't take advantage of this situation. If you try to leave, you will face the grave consequences and you will be punished for it, and I don't really want to play the bad guy if that happens. Do you understand?" 

Leo wasn't listening at this point. The exhaustion from his poor sleeping schedule, his attack in the alleyway, and being brought here really drained him of any energy he thought he had left. He nodded just to appease Nick.

"Goodnight then." 

"Whatever." 

He closed the door behind him and was disappointed to find that there was no lock. It didn't matter too much, but he didn't want Nick creeping in during the night and watch him sleep or something. He was surprised that Nick was so easily fooled by his excuse. Leo wasn't going to give in easily and stay here like any other good and obeying omega would, he was going to attempt to escape and didn't care about the consequences because he knew he was too smart to be caught. His eyelids were heavy and he felt sluggish, but he promised himself a good nap when he got out of the there. The only problem he was facing was that he would have to walk on foot all the way back. During the car drive here he was paying great attention to the streets and roads. He knew this area well enough to navigate through it. It was a little ways from his apartment back in Akihabara, but he was confident that he wouldn't end up being lost. If he did, he had an emergency fifty-thousand yen bill that he kept for situations like these. He would use it on a taxi or other means of transportation. 

He knew he couldn't leave right away without making it seem suspicious and risk the chance of getting caught. For the next hour, he laid himself on the bed and stared up at the ceiling as he formulated his plan even further. He was going to move apartments, maybe even move to another city if it meant Nick would leave him alone. He wanted to run away and never see him again if possible.