➶chapter forty-three

CHAPTER FORTY-THREE

CHAPTER FORTY-THREE

•Wednesday April 20th•

Later that day, everyone had done all of their voting for Student Body President.  Archie did not seem worried at all.  I do not blame him, because there was no way the underdog was going to pull out a win.  I may be a very big fan of Ethel Muggs, but she is not that lucky in this world. 

After the last bell, we all gathered in the lounge to wait for the announcement of who won the election.  All of the Riverdale High students including the Serpents were all socializing together.  It felt really good having everyone in the same room together.  Sweet Pea and I were off to the side and he was sitting in a chair. I was sitting on his lap not wanting to indulge myself in conversation with everybody. I just wanted to be by Sweet Pea.

"Attention, Riverdale High students. The results of your student council election are in. Your new student body president is... Archie Andrews"  Everybody began cheering.  All of the Northsiders were congratulating Archie; while the serpents were all just clapping for him in the background.  Once the clapping died down we heard the PA system turn on once again.  Principal Weatherbee then continued talking.  "In unrelated news, for the foreseeable future, all former Southside High students will remain at Riverdale High. That is all"

Now everybody including the Serpents were going ballistic.  Everyone was cheering, because we were able to get the Serpents to stay at Riverdale High.  One thing that Archie and I had done to protect the serpents actually worked.  None of our plans in the past had worked in our favor except for this. 

The Bulldogs all started whooping like dogs and patting the backs of all the serpents that were now able to stay at Riverdale High. 

Serpents and Bulldogs getting along under the same roof.  Who would have thought it?  Oh right! Me, that is who!

[]

•Saturday April 23rd•

FP Jones had organized a Serpent celebration.  All of the serpents including Cheryl and I gathered on the edge of Sweetwater River for the celebration.  It is obvious that I have been an honorary serpents for the last few months, but after Cheryl risked her life to help the serpents and to be with Toni - they all recognized her as an honorary member also.

Toni and Cheryl were off talking to one another.  As soon as I arrived I completely ignored Sweet pea for a minute, because I saw a limping Fangs Fogarty balancing himself on a motorcycle.  I sprinted over to Fangs and practically tackled him to the ground.  He groaned in excruciating pain, but I just could not let go, so I loosened my grip on him. I just wanted to keep hugging him.

Sweet Pea pried me off of Fangs and held me in his arms.  "Fangs, I'm so sorry that we couldn't protect you more"

Fangs gently lifted his arm through the pain and put his arm around me.  "You did your best.  Plus, I'm not going anywhere for a long time"