Forsaken

Everyone has someone that touched them deeply or motivates them in a way that no one can.

For most people in the Last City, it was Commanders Zavala and Ikora. The Ark Titan brought everyone to harmony and treated everyone he comes across with deep respect. The Void Warlock kept everyone safe as much as possible and when push came to shove, put her life on the line and took down enemies with precision.

For Zavala it was the Queen of the Reef: Mara Sov. The Awoken Titan once fought under her flag but was exiled for reasons unknown. He still took in every single one of her teachings to the deepest of his heart.

For Ikora it was Osiris, the Sol Warlock so invested with taking down the Vex Mind and every threat from it that he was the only commander exiled from the Vanguard. He used this as an opportunity to travel through time and spent all of his years fighting until Sagira was nearly killed.

Osiris was finally killed in one of the simulations, unknown to the threat it held. Someone else, a Hunter, took his place and finally put an end to the Mind that traveled through the Infinite Forest.

Mara Sov disappeared from the system after a near death defeat at the hands of the Taken King. The King was slain by the same Hunter and his Fireteam.

But for me? Well, I saw my motivation through the Cayde-6 unit. He blasted through every barrier of everyone and thing with either trained skills, or pure wittiness. The Hunter Exo even trained me to use all the Subclass known to each of the Guardians: Sol, Void, and Ark. His precision with his Golden Gun and direction of his Knives were what made me want to become, and surpass him.

His death was unfortunate. Uldren Sov, Mara's younger brother, was deceived by Riven, the Awoken's Ahamkara, and led him down the path that nearly destroyed the system. Uldren and his Scorn army and Riven were both slain by the same Hunter as the other two beasts were.

That Hunter is me. The Ace of Spades is the only thing I have left of Cayde, and I will forever remember him.

After all, if you forget your teacher and his lessons...

Are you really a Guardian?