chapter eight !

"Last night of touring America, how has that got you feeling?" Mary asked absentmindedly as she toyed with Jimmy's chocolate spirals of hair, his head lying placidly in her lap.

"Rather excited, to be fully truthful." Jimmy replied vaguely, leaving the reason hanging suspensefully in the air.

"Why excited? Don't you love your job?"

"Of course I do," Jimmy answered, turning his head until his eyes met with Mary's as he let a smirk sneak up on his gorgeous smile, "I'm just anxious to be in a home all alone with you." What Mary could have sworn was her child kicking turned out to be the fluttering of her uterus, images of their lonesomeness bringing forth unclean thoughts in their wake. "Oh, princess, to have you all to myself, imagine. The things I'd do, to have you yell my name, mmm..." Jimmy palpably bit his lip and licked over the surface of his perfectly straight teeth.

"Stop it," Mary blushed as she brandished a shy smile.

"Have I turned you on yet?" Jimmy asked, his hand reaching for hers that didn't tug on his hair.

"Jimmy, stop," A harsher blush adorned her freckled complexion, unsure if Jimmy had made her crave the sex, or plainly just her pregnancy hormones.

"No can do, princess. I've not touched you in ages, just let me help you with that burning desire I know you hold so deeply inside of yourself." He slowly crept up from his slouching position, green eyes now fiery red with sexual anticipation. Mary held nothing back and allowed Jimmy to do as he pleased with her body. His hands slipped up her loose blouse just as Peter had pounded his ringed fingers against the wood of the door.

"What in the bloody hell might you need at this EXACT moment?" Jimmy shouted, his words falling into an angry jumble as he swung the door open.

"Just thought you best know you're on for show in an hour. Get your shit ready, hotshot, and out the door in thirty."

"Fuck," Jimmy mumbled as he slammed the door back in Grant's face. "I'm sorry princess, I'll have to carry on later. Keep that pretty head of yours occupied with yours truly for a few hours, then I'll have you in my arms. A little while longer."

Mary found herself just as displeased as Jimmy was, a frown taking place of the mischievous grin than once inhabited it. She watched as Jimmy stripped himself of his clothes, putting on a white suit that a dragon slid up the side of. The top was unbuttoned, showing off his bare chest, something he'd learned looked quite nice from Robert. Jimmy grunted with each piece of clothing he placed on his body, imagining that they'd look better on the floor along with Mary's.

"I'm sorry," Jimmy groaned softly, his sadness evident with they way he sat himself on the edge of the bed.

"Don't be, it's your job. Just know that I'll be waiting desperately for you when you've finished."

"Mm, princess, but that's the part I dread, knowing full well that you're waiting for me and I can't do a lick about it. So bothersome is the idea that I could have you, but because of my occupation I've got to be torn away from you."

"Think of it this way then, darling," Mary started, inching herself closer to Jimmy at the edge of the sinking bed, "without your occupation, we wouldn't have met."

A pause swept through the room like an eerie apparition, its freezing cold temperatures enough to send shivers down even Lucifer's spine. "Thank god for guitars then, eh?"

"I guess so," she giggled and held the warmth of Jimmy's hand in her own. "Don't think too much of it. I wish you a magnificent show, and I'll be watching so you'll have something to look at."