My heart thumps, telling me to do something but I can't. "This is Kingston, my best friend, Kingston this is Melanie, my best friend before all of this happened. She moved do to bullying from Madeline," I say, not willing to tell him that she also bullied me too.

"Wait wait wait, what does 'all of this happened' mean?" Melanie asks, holding up her hand as a stop.

I look down at my feet, rubbing my arm as at least some sort of comfort. But Kingston lifts my chin up to look at him, "It's okay, Darling. Tell her or not, it's fine, if she doesn't accept that you won't tell her everything then leave, I'm right here." He says and I give him a small smile, his finger slowly falling from under my chin. But my smile is still fake. He just met her and he looks at her like ice that's on fire, she's unimaginable.

"I'll tell you later. But right now... MEL!" I basically squeal, jumping onto her which leads to a big bear hug, Kingston laughing, a deep laugh that rumbles my heart as we hug.

But his familiar stare isn't on me. It's on Melanie.

I thought..... he said... he's been acting like eh liked me too maybe?

I thought...

Maybe he's using her to get over me.

But let's be real. He never loved me, huh?

I look at him and he looks back. His face falls, like his face is full of regret. I just need to plaster on my smile again, he just doesn't like seeing me sad.

I look at him with a small smile.

"Class?"

-----

"Okay, right now. Spill all of the beans." She says and I take her hand, pulling her into the nearest bathroom.

I sit her down on the ground, thankful we got here earlier today.

"I have to be fast so I'll tell you everything more in depth later. But after you left, Brooke died. It was a drive by shooting that caused her to lose her life and for me to almost.

"My family split apart, my dad going into a rage every time he saw me for not saving his daughter and my mom would just break down crying.

"My mom ended up leaving with no explanation. My dad started abusing me instead of my mom. It happened for three years, River and Kingston saved me. Even though River hated me for those three years and I've been low key staring at Kingston since middle school." I take a break, catching my breath as Melanie sits there speechless.

"I'm living with River, the most popular boy in school. But nobody knows, I don't want anybody to know. Please," I finish and she gives me a sad smile.

"I'm so sorry I left you!" She says and I let the tears in my eyes decease. But I know that soon I'm going to let my tears out, just not now.

"You don't need to know anymore except that." I say and she sighs sadly.

-----

It's not like when Kingston was flirting with Melanie, it's just... nothing. It doesn't really effect me.

I shouldn't feel like this. STOP SUMMER.