2

☆

AFTER LOOKING FOR a mere ten minutes, the five Pevensies had found a compartment, its only occupants being a little boy and evidently his older sister. Lucy entered the compartment first, followed by Peter who placed the suitcases on the luggage holder above them. Edmund stubbornly took his case and put it up himself, shooting Peter a nasty look, while Eliza quietly placed her case on top and slid into the seat beside Edmund.

The siblings sat in silence, the only noise being the train engine and the turning of pages from Eliza's book. The girl tried to immerse herself into the story to try forget the fact that they'd left their mother. Occasionally she'd catch Edmund reading the book over her shoulder, and in response to his actions she'd tilt the novel slightly so he'd have a better view.

An hour had passed and they stopped at their first stop. The two siblings that had sat across from them, had gotten up and off of the train. Letting her curiosity get the best of her, Eliza placed her book down and watched as two separate people took a sibling each. Out of complete shock and worry, her hand immediately flew straight into Edmunds, who merely gave it a reassuring squeeze making the girl loosen up slightly but the twinge of anxiety still gnawed away at her.

Peter was always amused when watching the twins, if someone else had even tried to touch Edmund, he'd snap and throw a fit, but yet he had a soft spot for his sister. He supposed it was some 'twin thing', that normal siblings didn't and would never understand. He watched as Eliza continued reading while Edmund read over her shoulder, the twos hands still clutched together as if fearing they'd be ripped apart.

After two hours had passed, Eliza closed her book, and set it back on the table, "You can't be finished already?!" Peter exclaimed, making the girl jump, unaware he was paying attention. Eliza glanced at Lucy who had fallen asleep, before looking back at her older brother.

"It was a good novel," Eliza started, "When I like something I tend to finish it quicker than usual." Peter nodded in understanding, and the two went back to the silence, until Edmund nudged the girl.

"Liza?" He whispered, "Do you reckon the house will be big?" Eliza turned in her seat to face him, her eyes scanning his, taking in his curious demeanour.

"I doubt it will be a house of dreams, Ed" she said softly, "but, If you don't mind Eddie, I'm exhausted". And before Edmund could object, Eliza had her head on his shoulder, making the boy roll his eyes but nevertheless he had a small smile plastered across his face.

"You should smile more often," Peter spoke up, watching as the girls eyes shut, "You'll look less like a grouch."

"Oh shove off" Edmund snapped, his face returning to its usual, irritable expression as he turnt his head so he was staring out the window at the never ending stream of green.